Windows 10: app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use

Discus and support app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i set an app and game limit on roblox for my daughter for 1.5 hours per day, and it runs out every morning around the same time whether she is playing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NateFolkert, Jun 19, 2020.

1. app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use

i set an app and game limit on roblox for my daughter for 1.5 hours per day, and it runs out every morning around the same time whether she is playing the game or not. verified that the game was not open in the background. how can i make sure that the limit is only being enforced if she has actually be playing the game?

:)

NateFolkert, Jun 19, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Can't run game RTK X on Windows 10 64bit

Hi lợilê1,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why a certain game will not work. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Are you experiencing the same concern with your other games?
    • Are you getting any error code or error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you check the link below and follow the steps provided:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 19, 2020
  4. app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use

1. app and game limit is running out even when game is not in use - Similar Threads - app game limit

2. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps: Occassionally when playing games or using Zoom/other video conferencing software on my Windows 10 PC, the audio will just stop. Playing a YouTube video for a second will get the sound back, but this is annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!...
  3. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps: Occassionally when playing games or using Zoom/other video conferencing software on my Windows 10 PC, the audio will just stop. Playing a YouTube video for a second will get the sound back, but this is annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!...
  4. Sound cutting out when playing games/using apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to Set App and Game Limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Set App and Game Limits: Besides for my screen time limits not working at all my kids have access at all times of day and night and can use the computer well over the amount of hours set as well as outside the times set I am completely unable to set app and game limits. When I click on App and Game...
  6. Apps and Game limits on shared computer

Apps and Game limits on shared computer: I have two kids using one PC. Both are in my family, I have activity reporting turned on for both, screen time limits work properly for both, and the PC is showing as a device for both kids. Here's the problem: Kid 1 has installed several games and apps, e.g. Discord, Call...
  7. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  8. App and game limits - how is it calculated?

App and game limits - how is it calculated?: When I specify that Game A can use 1.5 hours and Game B can use 1.5 hours, does that mean: - Each game can be played for 1.5 hours or - Combined gaming time is 1.5 hours My goal is to set time limits for gaming and allow my son to play any of his installed games within...
  9. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...
  10. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...