Windows 10: App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off

Discus and support App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Both of my child's accounts asked for time for Google Chrome this morning. Nothing has been changed on the family features and app and game limits have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Whipped5000, Apr 17, 2020.

1. App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off

Both of my child's accounts asked for time for Google Chrome this morning. Nothing has been changed on the family features and app and game limits have always been off, but now, every 3 hours, they have to request a time extension

App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off 6e707ff1-5619-4d82-acd2-e47d0f2b28a0?upload=true.png

Can anyone shed any light on why has this started happening?

Kind Regards

Kevin

:)

Whipped5000, Apr 17, 2020

2. "Google Chrome Time's Up" - App & Game Limits are not turned on. ???

My middle school son has his own PC and he uses Google Classroom to complete homework while schools are closed. This morning, he received a warning that his time was up and that he needed to ask a parent for additional time. I received a notification,
    and it added 3 hours but Google Chrome is still locked. The "App & Game Limits" feature is not even turned on for this child. I do have content restrictions and XBOX screen time turned on, but I am unable to allow him to use Chrome. How can I set this up
    so he can use Chrome without having to ask me? Under "Content Restrictions", there is a list of "Always Allowed" apps, but they are XBOX apps that I think I said "Always Allow" when he installed and ran the game the first time. Is there a way to do that
    for Chrome? Thanks!

HU2MullenJr, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Time limits not enforced on child account

My daughter's account stopped enforcing the time limits set up on her account.

They were working fine for several months and then...

Why the heck are you still on the computer??

The account lists the laptops she uses and the time limits and the time of day limits, but MS still lets her login...

Not good folks. Don't need a computer crazed 10 year old going to school bleary eyed.

I found another question like this and it points to a win 8 solution. REALLY?

thanks, I give up for now.

irritated parent and tired too, Apr 17, 2020
  4. App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off

I can't turn off driver Signature Enforcement

Previously, I could turn off driver signature enforcement to install drivers by going to advanced options on startup menu and performing the steps. But now, even if I follow all the steps, the enforcement stays enabled. Can anyone help me?

SugamKarki1, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off

1. App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off - Similar Threads - App game limits

2. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  3. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  4. Browser and App Control Being Turned Off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser and App Control Being Turned Off: After the latest Creators Update May 2020, my computers running Windows 10 have been starting up with a yellow exclamation mark on the 'Windows Security' icon. When I click on it, it opens the Windows Security main screen showing 'Browser and App Control' as turned off. I...
  5. I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited: I had at one point turned on app time limits but I have since turned them off. But he is still getting blocked and has to request additional time from me. How do I fix this? Thanks....
  6. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....
  7. App time limits won’t turn off

App time limits won’t turn off: I have my son a a family account. I recieve updates on his usage each week, however I don’t set any time limits on usage of the deviecs or apps. Since Tuesday this week he started getting notificatoins that he had reached a time limit on chrome and other apps. He had to...
  8. App and game limits not shutting off

App and game limits not shutting off: App and game limits turned on all by itself for my son who is part of family account. i turned it off. he is still getting kicked out of various apps such as Chrome and kicked off his xbox. he has to continually ask for more time. extremely frustrating. please help. thx...
  9. "Google Chrome Time's Up" - App & Game Limits are not turned on. ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Google Chrome Time's Up" - App & Game Limits are not turned on. ???: My middle school son has his own PC and he uses Google Classroom to complete homework while schools are closed. This morning, he received a warning that his time was up and that he needed to ask a parent for additional time. I received a notification, and it added 3 hours...
  10. App and Game limits not working for Google Chrome Browser

App and Game limits not working for Google Chrome Browser: Hi there! I'm trying to set this up for a family member and I've limited her use of Google Chrome since I can't limit her wifi use. So I set it so that she can only use it from 3pm till 10pm. However, when I tested this after reboot, etc. etc., I can STILL start Google...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app- and game limit google chrome cant open