Windows 10: App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

Discus and support App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dr. Prof. Mo, Nov 28, 2021.

1. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I break this relation? I want to adjust the output volume of apps to my desired levels whenever I want in the mixer*, without it also affecting the input levels. It used to work as expected in 1803, but somehow behaves like this in 20H2.See: https://i.imgur.com/MOz7tHO.gifv* In Windows you have the Volume Mixer that most people know, but also the Sound Mixer which is the one I'm having problems with. I require the latter one, as it allows you to

:)

Dr. Prof. Mo, Nov 28, 2021

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Audio Input/Output Issues

Hey all!

Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones that have a mic on them? I don't know if I can set that up or if the microphone data can be run through the audio line. Anybody have any programs/suggestions?

Help much appreciated!

EliTheClasher, Nov 29, 2021
  4. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

1. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels - Similar Threads - App Audio Output

2. phone link app audio input output selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link app audio input output selection: I have a wireless head set that has its own base and transmitter that is plugged into my pc. It works fine in every other application, but for some reason I can't get it to work with phone link. Honestly, I could not find anywhere to select audio input or output within the...
  3. phone link app audio input output selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone link app audio input output selection: I have a wireless head set that has its own base and transmitter that is plugged into my pc. It works fine in every other application, but for some reason I can't get it to work with phone link. Honestly, I could not find anywhere to select audio input or output within the...
  4. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  5. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  7. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  8. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels: Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I break this relation? I want to adjust the output volume of apps to my desired levels whenever I want in the mixer*, without...
  9. App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Audio Output somehow linked to Microphone Input Levels: Adjusting the volume of an app also adjusts the input levels of the microphone in Windows Sound Mixer, when that app listens for a microphone. How do I break this relation? I want to adjust the output volume of apps to my desired levels whenever I want in the mixer*, without...
  10. Microphone input playing audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...