Windows 10: App audio volume

Discus and support App audio volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an audio app called nahimic 2. It used to work perfectly up until a few win 10 updates ago. Now after setting my audio preferences it will play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogerGomes RPG1, Jun 22, 2020.

1. App audio volume

I have an audio app called nahimic 2. It used to work perfectly up until a few win 10 updates ago. Now after setting my audio preferences it will play once, for example; in YouTube at the volume I set it at, then on the next video the volume drops to less than half of what it was. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve this by all the main steps that others have tried but to no avail. I have noted, that when playing about in the settings menu, where you get the option to change the playback frequency i.e. 96khz studio quality etc and you hit the "test sound" button, my volume and sound settings play for the duration of the test making me think that windows is overriding my app settings. Can you please resolve this annoying fault. Thanks in advance.

:)

RogerGomes RPG1, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

App audio volume 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Jun 22, 2020
  4. App audio volume

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

App audio volume

1. App audio volume - Similar Threads - App audio volume

2. audio/volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio/volume: I am watching a legit BBC documentary from Youtube . I can barely hear it with the audio at 100 percent. Is there anything in Windows 10 that would increase/enhance the volume?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAk-eo3jgKY how is the volume at your end? i find it odd that a BBC...
  3. audio/volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio/volume: I am watching a legit BBC documentary from Youtube . I can barely hear it with the audio at 100 percent. Is there anything in Windows 10 that would increase/enhance the volume?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAk-eo3jgKY how is the volume at your end? i find it odd that a BBC...
  4. audio/volume

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  6. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  7. Fading audio volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fading audio volume: HP ENVY, running Windows 10, speaker starts off low in volume then quickly fades down to almost inaudible point. the audio jack works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fading-audio-volume/e48092b9-df06-475a-9a69-6c0935356633
  8. Increase audio volume

Increase audio volume: How can I increase the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop more than the volume control on the task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-audio-volume/2e684bd8-1885-44cb-bee3-82caef068e5b
  9. Audio Volume

Audio Volume: When ever I listen to music via the Internet (YouTube, Pandora, ext.) I feel my audio levels are not reaching max performances, as I feel the levels are too low. I've noticed that the level of my sound is set to 100 across all settings but will only show about 25%-40%...
  10. AUDIO VOLUME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AUDIO VOLUME: wHEN USING A LANGUAGE APPLICATION THE PLAYBACK AUDIO VOLUME IS VERY LOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume/2752ebcb-1bed-491b-ab68-196a456b88df