Windows 10: App & Browser Control Settings

Discus and support App & Browser Control Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michelle Ismay, Jan 12, 2019.

1. App & Browser Control Settings

When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on?

:)

Michelle Ismay, Jan 12, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 12, 2019
  4. dskiller Win User

App & Browser Control Settings

Settings App vs. Control Panel?

one day the control panel will be completely gone.

but microsoft has to take baby steps to avoid problems.

and other companys will have to convert their control panel files to work with the settings app.

dskiller, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

App & Browser Control Settings

1. App & Browser Control Settings - Similar Threads - App Browser Control

2. "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...: I noticed this message- "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Apps & Browser Control in Windows defender settings. Also, the 'check apps and files' option has been disabled (selected OFF). [ATTACH] I need to select the 'Warn' option. This problem is...
  3. This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control: In app & browser control were occour red words on " this setting is managed by your administrator". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-administrator/d078b8b9-6567-4365-9610-4d445c909ef8
  4. Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc

Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc: hello, initially i had problem with all the windows app after windows update. so, I seeked help from microsoft tech support. He downloaded the ios file and run it then i resert my computer. after reseting the computer I am able to use start icon, connect wifi but still I'm...
  5. App and browser setting restriction

App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  6. App and browser setting restriction

App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  7. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...: I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as an administrator? I...
  8. Browser sync settings

in Browsers and Email
    Browser sync settings: I have 4 browsers on my PC -- Edge, IE11, Firefox and Chrome. I'd been using IE11 and noticed that it apparently synced my Favorites from Chrome, including the mobile bookmarks I saved on my Android phone. That sync activity also seemed to rearrange the order of links on my...
  9. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986