Windows 10: App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !

Discus and support App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Problem is windows store apps and some classic softwares (.exe) cant connect to internet when pptp or proxy is running. something you need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mehrdad Aria, Oct 14, 2018.

1. App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !

Hi

Problem is windows store apps and some classic softwares (.exe) cant connect to internet when pptp or proxy is running.

something you need to know:

1. when Kerio vpn is connected everything is good but i need to use proxy.

2. my pptp and proxy setting is correct because works very good on mobile and tablet

my specs:

windows 1809 with latest updates

Comodo firewall and Avira anti virus

:)

Mehrdad Aria, Oct 14, 2018

2. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Apps won't connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2: Reset store cache

• Press Windows logo key + X and click
      Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe in the empty space and hit ENTER.
    Try opening the Windows store and check for the issue.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3: If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN".
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 14, 2018
  4. App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !

1. App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running ! - Similar Threads - App cant connect

2. wifi connection cant identify proxy address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi connection cant identify proxy address: wifi connection cant identify proxy address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-cant-identify-proxy-address/2acfcb5e-23c3-4b41-a3cf-b46481cf3f9e
  3. wifi connection cant identify proxy address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi connection cant identify proxy address: wifi connection cant identify proxy address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-cant-identify-proxy-address/2acfcb5e-23c3-4b41-a3cf-b46481cf3f9e
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  5. PPTP VPN won't connect

PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  6. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Some apps cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps cant connect to internet: Some apps cant connect to internet e.g Steam Battlenet and Windows apps but other can e.g Internet browsers. Discord, Spotify. I'm on a windows 10 computer and I've tried turning off proxy, disabling firewalls, reinstalling apps but the issue still persists....
  8. Some apps cant connect to internet

Some apps cant connect to internet: Some apps cant connect to internet e.g Steam Battlenet and Windows apps but other can e.g Internet browsers. Discord, Spotify. I'm on a windows 10 computer and I've tried turning off proxy, disabling firewalls, reinstalling apps but the issue still persists....
  9. Some apps cant connect to internet

10. pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted

pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted: so i went to adapters, and then clicked "incoming connection" in order to make a pptp connection to my computer possible. when added to the adapters the connection works, and works fine. all ports forwarded. everything is great. i restart my computer and the "incoming...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. certain apps wont connect when internet explorer proxy is set