Windows 10: App caused a problem with the default app settings.

Discus and support App caused a problem with the default app settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest Windows Home update, Windows is giving the message 'An app caused a problem with the default app setting files, so it was reset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeAlexander1, Sep 11, 2018.

1. App caused a problem with the default app settings.

After the latest Windows Home update, Windows is giving the message 'An app caused a problem with the default app setting files, so it was reset to Photos. A similar messsage appears for .cr2 files and .NEF files. All of my 'photo' and 'image editing programs are affected - they shut down the computer after a few minutes use. Can anyone help me to fix this please. Thanks in advance -- Mike

:)

MikeAlexander1, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Anakunda Win User

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Sep 11, 2018
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2018
  4. App caused a problem with the default app settings.

Setting Default Apps in the Settings app doesn't work

I have the same problem but I would like to set the Iron browser to default. I can set any browser when using set default by apps but SRware Iron does not even show up on the apps list. It is installed. I even reinstalled it as someone else suggested.
    Why is this the only browser that I cannot set as default.

joyceMcintyre43, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

App caused a problem with the default app settings.

1. App caused a problem with the default app settings. - Similar Threads - App caused problem

2. an app caused a problem with the default app setting of pdf ... why Microsoft is so pushy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an app caused a problem with the default app setting of pdf ... why Microsoft is so pushy...: I get really pissed off every time this happens , I think MIcrosoft team deliberately programmed this to happen in order to promote Microsoft Edge.Once again I have to reassociate pdf to Adobe Acrobat Reader....
  3. an app caused a problem with the default app setting of pdf ... why Microsoft is so pushy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an app caused a problem with the default app setting of pdf ... why Microsoft is so pushy...: I get really pissed off every time this happens , I think MIcrosoft team deliberately programmed this to happen in order to promote Microsoft Edge.Once again I have to reassociate pdf to Adobe Acrobat Reader....
  4. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  5. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  6. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  7. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app

An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app: I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the first app I installed was Google Chrome, and I began experiencing this issue after every restart. I've installed other apps since then, all the latest versions and my default apps keep getting reset to the generic Windows options....
  8. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  9. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...
  10. Setting Default App Problem

Setting Default App Problem: I prefer to open pdf files in Acrobat. My computer is determined that I shall not. It will open only in MS Edge. I try to set the Default App by Type to Acrobat, but even if I select it in the drop down table, it refuses to change. How can I PERMANENTLY set my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an app caused a problem with default app

2. an app caused a problem with default browser

3. an app caused a problem with the default

4. zoom app caused a problem with the default app settings,
  5. an app caused a problem with the default windows 10,
  6. An app caused a problem with the default app setting for Microsoft-edge-holographic files so it was reset to Microsoft edge,
  7. app caused a probelm with the default app settings windows ,
  8. an app caused a problem with the default app ,
  9. an app caused the default,
  10. app caused a problem with the default app