Windows 10: App:Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller detected by Windows Virus & threat

Discus and support App:Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller detected by Windows Virus & threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was working in Simply Accounting by Sage, Microsoft Excel, and Firefox when Virus & threat protection popped up with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FUState, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FUState Win User

App:Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller detected by Windows Virus & threat

I was working in Simply Accounting by Sage, Microsoft Excel, and Firefox when Virus & threat protection popped up with "App:Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller" as a current threat.
    Is this for real?
    It finds it in C:\Users\Henry\Downloads\IrfanView 64 Bit - CHIP-Installer.exe
    Is IrfanView not safe?
    Thank you in advance.

:)

FUState, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Susan68NM Win User

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart

Susan68NM, Jun 29, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Jun 29, 2020
  4. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. App:Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller detected by Windows Virus & threat - Similar Threads - App Chip_Updater_BundleInstaller detected

2. why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat.: why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-virus-and-threat-protection-are-not-working/bf5b2c28-1012-433c-80ee-8d8dff8d075e
  3. why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat.: why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-virus-and-threat-protection-are-not-working/bf5b2c28-1012-433c-80ee-8d8dff8d075e
  4. why virus and threat protection are not working against detected threat.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. virus and threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat: Hello my name is Lucia and I recently restarted my whole pc so I have to redownload apps I had. I downloaded something and Windows said that there was a virus of something, but I knew it was safe. So I went to go check it out and virus and threat wont appearfor some reason....
  6. Windows Security Virus & Threat Detection

Windows Security Virus & Threat Detection: Windows Security in Windows 10 - The Virus & Threat Detection tells me I need to renew my McAfee protection. But I have McAfee Multi-Access FREE as a benefit of my AOL subscription. When I open McAfee it shows my subscription as Active and does not indicate it is expiring. My...
  7. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  8. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  9. Virus Threat Detected

Virus Threat Detected: Windows Defender 10 has detected multiples of this virus, virus:VBS/Redlof.A Windows Defender doesn't seem to have the ability to remove or quarantine this virus. I have also tried Defender offline. All that happens is my computer reboots and that's it. Does anyone have a...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"