Windows 10: app crashes due to a dll file on the system

Discus and support app crashes due to a dll file on the system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sebastian Miranda3, Feb 1, 2021.

1. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_aa88138229517429\igd10iumd64.dll", so then i try to reinstall the file but i sadly cant since a system app is using it and the only way to update is when windows updates, but windows has not had any updates, then i go to command prompt and do the restore health to the system command, it finds nothing, then i do sfc /SCANNOW, and still it doesnt find anything that corrupted, i proceed to test the game again and it still crashes the same way, and i dont know what to do, i need help

:)

Sebastian Miranda3, Feb 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 DLL Files

I already done that both didn't find any errors, also when i do Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it does not work just sit there with blank screen, tried waiting but nothing is happening (idk whether it should happen i saw some pictures there should
    be something when i run command...) I tried to install some dll files manually some with dll files fixer but all of programs got error 0xc000007b, then i tried deleting some dll's and then some programs were working but the others were now requesting thoose
    files.

UPDATE: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth now works but it didn't fix all the problems some programs still request dll files or show error 0xc000007b. Ok Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth partially helped i installed some manually and all
    of programs work well except Epic Games Launcher(Unrela Engine 4) which i didn't made to fix, thanks for your help! app crashes due to a dll file on the system :)

NikolaFilic, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Sigverif reports system files not signed

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this article:

How to fix missing DLL files errors on Windows 10/8/7 PC
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 1, 2021
  4. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

Windows 10 DLL Files

Hi Nikola,

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

app crashes due to a dll file on the system

1. app crashes due to a dll file on the system - Similar Threads - app crashes due

2. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  3. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer crashing due to Shell32.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 after...

Windows 10 File Explorer crashing due to Shell32.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 after...: Hello,I'm in a bind and currently exhausted all ideas on how to fix this issue.As stated the issue I'm having, while odd, can be iritating, and I narrowed it down to following:When opening a fresh file explorer if I open around 128 folders, one by one, explorer.exe will...
  5. Systems keeps crashing due to nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systems keeps crashing due to nvlddmkm.sys: I am running Windows 11 and it keeps crashing every couple of days. I ran windbg on the minidump it comes up as nvlddmkm.sys. I have tried all of the online fixes but it still occurs. Please advise, thanks....
  6. Systems keeps crashing due to nvlddmkm.sys

Systems keeps crashing due to nvlddmkm.sys: I am running Windows 11 and it keeps crashing every couple of days. I ran windbg on the minidump it comes up as nvlddmkm.sys. I have tried all of the online fixes but it still occurs. Please advise, thanks....
  7. System 32 dll file problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System 32 dll file problem: I tried to get into a file folder but came across a corrupt file message. The laptop then tried to "repair the hard drive" twice although it might have been stage 1 and stage 2. I've re-set Windows three times and added all my Apps back on 3 times. I've gone through Windows...
  8. Games are crashing due to .dll files and BSOD ntfs.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games are crashing due to .dll files and BSOD ntfs.sys: Good day.How do I fix the ntfs.sys BSOD and games that are crashing due to .dll file errors?My PC is crashing due to ntfs.sys file and I don't know how to fix this. I've already updated all the drivers of my pc thru Snappy Driver Installer and did all the command prompt like...
  9. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app crashes due to a dll file on the system: so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is...
  10. Corrupt system .dll file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt system .dll file: Hello. When I run sfc /scannow it returns that there are corrupt files that are unavailable to be fixed, however when I checked the log by using the command to create a sfcdetails.txt file on the desktop I don't see any specific files that need to be replaced. The reason I am...