Windows 10: App crashes on startup.

Discus and support App crashes on startup. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a game off the windows store and I've tried to start it up and it crashes. I examined the error in the event viewer and got this output.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerraGolem, Jul 21, 2019.

1. App crashes on startup.

Hi, I bought a game off the windows store and I've tried to start it up and it crashes. I examined the error in the event viewer and got this output. Can someone tell me what this means and what i have to do to fix it?

Faulting application name: StateOfDecay2-UWP64-Shipping.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d0ac530

Faulting module name: StateOfDecay2-UWP64-Shipping.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d0ac530

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000001e5feec

Faulting process id: 0xd40

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5403b92b0e3c9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Dayton_1.3544.68.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\StateOfDecay2\Binaries\UWP64\StateOfDecay2-UWP64-Shipping.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Dayton_1.3544.68.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\StateOfDecay2\Binaries\UWP64\StateOfDecay2-UWP64-Shipping.exe

Report Id: 3c644d36-f899-4b85-a66c-8d38fa8c1b83

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Dayton_1.3544.68.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: AppStateofDecay2

Thanks

:)

TerraGolem, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jul 21, 2019
  4. App crashes on startup.

apps crashes on startup

• I don't get any error messages. Just open and crashes.

• I'm not sure whether this occurred after an update.

• All 3rd party apps crashes.

Thanks

GeorgeRaveen, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

App crashes on startup.

1. App crashes on startup. - Similar Threads - App crashes startup

2. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app crashes on startup: Whenever I attempt to open the app, it displays the Xbox logo and subsequently crashes after approximately 30 seconds.Upon investigating the Event Viewer, I found the following error message my PC is in Italian, I hope it's understandable anyway:"Il programma XboxPcApp.exe...
  3. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app crashes on startup: Whenever I attempt to open the app, it displays the Xbox logo and subsequently crashes after approximately 30 seconds.Upon investigating the Event Viewer, I found the following error message my PC is in Italian, I hope it's understandable anyway:"Il programma XboxPcApp.exe...
  4. Photos App Crashes at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  5. Photos App Crashes at Startup

Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  6. Xbox app crashes on startup

Xbox app crashes on startup: When I start Xbox app it crashes on startup, when i deleted it and tried to reinstall it gave error Code: 0x80070422. I have installed the latest windows updates, drivers, and troubleshot after every restart to no avail....
  7. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app crashes on startup: When I start Xbox app it crashes on startup, when i deleted it and tried to reinstall it gave error Code: 0x80070422. I have installed the latest windows updates, drivers, and troubleshot after every restart to no avail....
  8. Fortnite crashes other apps on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite crashes other apps on startup: When I start Fortnite some apps crash like Obs / Streamlabs, Logitech Gaming Software, Discord, GeForce Experience, Wallpaper Engine, and the Whatsapp Desktop. I've already contacted Fortnite support and they told me to contact Microsoft support. Does anyone know the...
  9. Microsoft News app crashing on startup!

Microsoft News app crashing on startup!: News app is crashing on startup.,did app reset,reinstall,powershell method,restart but nothing worked!.. I doubt its the latest cumulative update causing it to crash. any help!?...
  10. Some apps crash on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some apps crash on startup: Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing....