Windows 10: App crashes when trying to print

Discus and support App crashes when trying to print in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app. I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard T_487, Oct 5, 2019.

1. App crashes when trying to print

Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app.

I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur from the last Windows Update (yesterday).

:)

Richard T_487, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Photos app crashes when trying to print

Does it crash if you try a different printer? Suggest you uninstall the printer driver then reinstall the latest driver. I guess you have uninstalled/reinstalled the Photos app? Have you tried the Store Apps Troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, chkdsk c; /f etc.?

Steve C, Oct 5, 2019
  3. jojida Win User
    Photos app crashes when trying to print

Steve C - reset app and tried different printers as default printer with the same result. Had some luck with 2 test machines using a universal HP printer driver ( V6.1.0 ) ( 61.180.1.20062 ) where resetting the app, setting this networked printer allowed me to print multiple times without the app crashing, but using two more machines that have the same app crash issue with the same configuration, the app crashed after printing once, going back into the app and printing again. Even on a clean installed 1709 with Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office 2016 and a few other non critical apps, the Photo app still crashes.

jojida, Oct 5, 2019
  4. App crashes when trying to print

Trying to print freezes/crashes program

Hi,

Since you've tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, what we recommend is to contact your printer manufacturer for better assistance. On our end, what we can suggest is to check the current update installed in your computer and then perform some troubleshooting
    steps. Can you tell us the current update or build of your computer?

Meanwhile, please follow these steps:

Method 1: Open Office apps in safe mode and then try to print a file. You may refer to this

link
    . If the issue does not persists with safe mode, we highly suggest that you install the latest Office updates or uninstall and reinstall the app. To do this, you follow the steps on this

link

Method 2: Perform a clean boot. It helps eliminate software conflicts. Here's the

link

Method 3: Use the System File Checker and the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. This will help you scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To
    run it:

• Select Start Windows logo Start button, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command
      Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    After performing the said steps, please try to print again.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Raymond Ave, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

App crashes when trying to print

1. App crashes when trying to print - Similar Threads - App crashes trying

2. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  3. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  4. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Error when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to print: when i select the printing preference on my epson surecolor s30600, i get an error message, you cannot print with this driver ? i have downloaded latest drivers, tried reinstall, but always get this message when i try to print ? ***Modified title from:epson surecolor...
  6. Microsoft excel crashing when I try to print out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft excel crashing when I try to print out: Hello, I've updated window 10 last week and everything go well until yesterday that I tried to print the document in excel. The software crashing and I could not print anything. I've tried to follow the solution in the same case that I have to remove the add-in but I could...
  7. my browsers crash when I try to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my browsers crash when I try to print: why are my browsers crashing when I try to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browsers-crash-when-i-try-to-print/42b893c3-f0f5-4b39-b7e8-ec51e6852a8e
  8. floreant app crashes when i try to print

floreant app crashes when i try to print: i have a free open source floreant pos system for a small restaurant. we connected it to two impact printers and one thermal printer. it worked fine, but now the printers dont want to connect to the utility drivers so a tech reconnected them a different way. now the floreant...
  9. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...
  10. Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from: This is a brand new W10 upgrade from a brand new W7 install - did it all on Friday, the deadline day... Long story, but the PC double crashed (HDD, then a day later the mbrd) in the run-up week to the first anniversary of Windows 10 release so I had to do it in a hurry. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application crash when printing

2. application crashes when trying to print windows 10

3. application crashes when trying to print 2019