Windows 10: App crashing and removing corrupt files

Discus and support App crashing and removing corrupt files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik, An user of Windows 10 2004 version and a dell laptop. Recently, I had one of my apps namely Dell Support assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sagnik Basu, Sep 2, 2020.

1. App crashing and removing corrupt files

Hello Everyone,

This is Sagnik, An user of Windows 10 2004 version and a dell laptop. Recently, I had one of my apps namely Dell Support assist crashing when tried to open it. The technicians suggested to do a sfc scan in cmd, and some corrupt files were found, which it was unable to fix. They said that those corrupt files are the root cause of the crashing of the apps. I did a inplace upgrade recently which could not rectify it.So, they suggest me to do a custom installation, but being a student, it is very difficult for me to do so. It deletes all the apps, puts the files to some other folder, and moreover takes a lot of time which will not be good for my studies. Does anyone know any way by which we can remove the corrupt files without doing any custom installation?

Your answer will be very appreciated and I will be very grateful to you

Yours Thankfully

Sagnik Basu

:)

Sagnik Basu, Sep 2, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Shadow Fight 2 Crashes

Hi Jake,

There's a lot of potential reasons why a certain game or app crashes. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problem with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the affected game.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

App crashing and removing corrupt files

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

App crashing and removing corrupt files

1. App crashing and removing corrupt files - Similar Threads - App crashing removing

2. Safest way to remove corrupt system files without losing personal files and apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safest way to remove corrupt system files without losing personal files and apps?: Hello!Recently my system files got corrupted. I suspect this is because I plugged in an external hard drive to move some files out of my Windows 10 PC to make room for an update for a game. The file explorer, whenever I’d make a new folder on the hard drive, would crash. So...
  3. Safest way to remove corrupt system files without losing personal files and apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safest way to remove corrupt system files without losing personal files and apps?: Hello!Recently my system files got corrupted. I suspect this is because I plugged in an external hard drive to move some files out of my Windows 10 PC to make room for an update for a game. The file explorer, whenever I’d make a new folder on the hard drive, would crash. So...
  4. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  5. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  6. Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed: Kia ora/hello, Windows 10 recently forced another update on my computer. As a result, only one user account is corrupted can log in, but all settings set to default, all files gone. Can access some files via Users>Account name. How do I: 1 Recover removed files the ones...
  7. While I run the app, the app crashes continuously ... No file is corrupted....but still..!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While I run the app, the app crashes continuously ... No file is corrupted....but still..!: While I open this app, the app crashes and give this dmp file....I am stucked with it for an week and can't run this game....please ,help me..... I am giving the crashed analysis debug below......
  8. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  9. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  10. How to remove corrupted or readable file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove corrupted or readable file: Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin. Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder. SO...what to do? Thanks. RON 97893