Windows 10: App Data question

Discus and support App Data question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 3 days ago I had 138gb of space on my Drive C. Today I checked it and I was down to 134gb. I use my D drive for as much as I can so I really haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wayneout, Jun 7, 2020.

1. wayneout Win User

App Data question

3 days ago I had 138gb of space on my Drive C. Today I checked it and I was down to 134gb. I use my D drive for as much as I can so I really haven't used the C drive at all. Last week I made a list of most of my folders to see where the problem was. Under appdata, I had gained 3gb. I really don't know how much of this data is necessary. I found that the appdata file that had gained the most was the "Local" I plan on moving my Roaming folder to my D drive but the "Local" folder does not have the "location" tab to move it. I checked in the folder and Microsoft had the biggest folder at almost 4gb. Of that 4gb, most of it was under Edge-user-default. It was about 3.8gb. What would happen if I deleted these files? I go down about 2gb of storage space every month at least. I am using Windows 10 version 1909.

:)

wayneout, Jun 7, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 7, 2020
  3. arens Win User
    [WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

App Data question

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App Data question :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

App Data question

1. App Data question - Similar Threads - App Data question

2. App Data related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Data related: Can you save me what is theta and AAR in windows USER App data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-data-related/af66eb84-8a42-437f-b19e-db702fda584d
  3. App Data related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Data related: Can you save me what is theta and AAR in windows USER App data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-data-related/af66eb84-8a42-437f-b19e-db702fda584d
  4. Copy app data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy app data: Hi i recently got bsod on windows 10 machine and i want to copy my adobe creative cloud app data in program files Into my reinstalled windows can i do that i want my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-app-data/06d941e9-ce14-44aa-9ac0-8c3ef383b825
  5. questions on apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    questions on apps: how to reinstalled excel and words app in laptop after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/questions-on-apps/ccbbce15-3956-4ac8-9234-818fd85ed24c
  6. App data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App data: A while ago I believe I somehow accidentally moved all app data to my external drive, when I try to run things that use javascript an Error pops up saying something like "cannot locate app data". I tried looking for it on my computer and when I type %appdata% it doesn't show...
  7. Lost app data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost app data: After upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have lost app profiles and app data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-app-data/e4570ea8-5c9f-4dbc-acf3-977a6125e183
  8. Transferring Apps and Data

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Apps and Data: We are rolling out Windows 10 1809 and currently have the AppStore disabled via GPO. However this is just temporary until we can figure out how to migrate user apps and data from one machine to another. The concern is that a user will get apps from the store and our techs do...
  9. Bruce Schneier data wipe question

in Windows 10 Support
    Bruce Schneier data wipe question: Hello everybody I want to wipe a hard drive with Bruce Schneier's method. I want to do it by creating a bootable disc that will not require the operating system on the hard drive for it (the bootable disc) to work. The standard Darik's Boot and Nuke does not offer Bruce...
  10. Question on upgrading data retention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question on upgrading data retention: As I contemplate taking the upgrade offer, to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, I have been doing some reading here in regards to the upgrade process. Since I am not changing out motherboard, I would prefer to try the upgrade first rather than the pain of a clean install. Anyway, I...