Windows 10: App data storage

Discus and support App data storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where are the data files stored for the desktop calendar, people and to-do apps?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnPevear, Feb 23, 2019.

1. App data storage

Where are the data files stored for the desktop calendar, people and to-do apps?

:)

JohnPevear, Feb 23, 2019

2. app default data storage

Press Windows key + R

Type: %userprofile%

Hit Enter

Right click your Documents folder

Click Properties

Select the Location tab

Click Move

Browse to the D: partition then select it

Repeat the same steps for other folders such as Pictures, Videos etc.

Open Start > Settings > System > Storage

Under More storage settings, click 'Change where new content is saved'

In New apps will save to list box, choose the 'Apps' partition we created earlier.

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features

Select any large app you have downloaded from the Windows Store

Click Move, choose the 'Apps' partition

Andre Da Costa, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Data Storage

Hi,

If the hard disk drive (HDD) that was set as your preferred storage when saving files isn’t working, it’s possible that a software conflict occurred or the HDD encountered an issue. To isolate your concern with your
    device storage, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• Did you make any other changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you encountered an error message when you tried saving or moving files to your HDD? If yes, please provide us a
      screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode.
    This will help us determine if there are third-party applications that may cause the issue. Once you’re in the basic state, try to move or save a file to the HDD and check the result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested step.

Louie Del, Feb 23, 2019
  4. App data storage

Nokia Lumia 730 where to find app data in Windows 10

Hi Ayushsoni,

I understand that you want to find app data on the Lumia phone 730.I will certainly assist you.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the Settings in the phone.
    • Click on Storage.
    • Check whether you are able to see the app data.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

App data storage

1. App data storage - Similar Threads - App data storage

2. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  3. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  4. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps & Features Storage: I went through and added the total amount of storage it shows is taken up and it only adds up to around 10 gigs. The storage claims there is almost 200 gigs taken up there and I cannot figure out why....
  6. Storage won’t save data.

Storage won’t save data.: Any time I do anything to my computer, my computer would not save the data. Right now, I have alot of junk photos, files I don’t use, and a beach photo as my screen background. My storage must be broken because whenever I change or add or delete something on my computer, it...
  7. STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES

STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES: Hi, upon going to system settings and seeing the storage i can see that the apps & features is occupying 160 GB but upon clicking on it , it hardly show me 4 GB worth of information approx. i am not sure what apps & features is taking up so much space and no details are...
  8. App data

App data: A while ago I believe I somehow accidentally moved all app data to my external drive, when I try to run things that use javascript an Error pops up saying something like "cannot locate app data". I tried looking for it on my computer and when I type %appdata% it doesn't show...
  9. Out of data Storage Space on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of data Storage Space on Minecraft: When loading into one of my worlds, i can play for about 10 seconds and then I am kicked out and a screen appears, saying "you are out of data storage space and mine craft is unable to save your progress!". However, my hard drive still has over 850 GB of space on it. The...
  10. Copy storage partition raw data

Copy storage partition raw data: There are many small-computer devices today (Raspberry Pi and clones, ARM-based TV Boxes, e.t.c) that need to boot using SD card. To create the bootable SD card it is needed to write image file to the SD card. Actual version of the Windows have no tools to solve this task....