Windows 10: App didn't start in required time in the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support App didn't start in required time in the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We get "App didn't start in required time when using file explorer". For example one can not view images in local (and fast) hard disks with file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jun 26, 2016.

1. App didn't start in required time in the latest Windows 10 update

We get "App didn't start in required time when using file explorer".

For example one can not view images in local (and fast) hard disks with file explorer anymore!

It looks like the concept "app" has been implemented into the latest Windows 10 update
    and the OS tools such as file explorer get timeout.

The Windows 10 component
    1) did not inform anything about itself !
    2) nor how much time it had !
    3) nor the time it had needed!
    4) nothing about the operation it was performing!

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jun 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Apps wont work!

i can't start mc win 10. the error thing from the event log is Activation of app Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The app didn't start in the required time. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    pls help btw i know creator update is broke and I don't think I have creator update. I really wanna start playing mc windows 10. btw error code is -2144927142

StrappedSquire, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Start search no longer works

Still happening to me. They have tried everything. These errors show up in the logs then Start Menu, Notification, and Win10 Apps stop working. Reboots work for a while.

These are the error in the logs.

Application Log

The program SearchUI.exe version 10.0.10586.306 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 144c

Start Time: 01d1c351a71dc84d

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

Report Id: 30f2ec17-2f45-11e6-8f2e-b4ae2bdd3c7e

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The app didn't start in the required time. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The app didn't start in the required time. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational Log

Activation via contract helper of the app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI for the Windows.Launch contract failed with Call was canceled by the message filter..

Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI for the Windows.Launch contract timed out.

ActivateApplicationForContractByAppIdAsUserWithHost of the app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI for the Windows.Launch contract failed with The app didn't start in the required time.

Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App for the Windows.Launch contract timed out.

ActivateApplicationForContractByAppIdAsUserWithHost of the app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with The app didn't start in the required time..

Laird Rixford, Jun 26, 2016
Thema:

App didn't start in required time in the latest Windows 10 update

1. App didn't start in required time in the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - App didn't start

2. "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "the app didn't start": hello ! so i have a problem in my pc wheen i launch a windows package appx or windows store it gives me the problem "the app didn't start" the microsoft store says "ms-windows-store: the app didn't start" and on packages installers it says "C:\users\PackageName.appx "the app...
  3. "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "the app didn't start": hello ! so i have a problem in my pc wheen i launch a windows package appx or windows store it gives me the problem "the app didn't start" the microsoft store says "ms-windows-store: the app didn't start" and on packages installers it says "C:\users\PackageName.appx "the app...
  4. The App Didn't Start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The App Didn't Start: Photos stopped working and I received "The App didn't start" prompt anytime I trying launching it. I followed a discussion with various methods of resolving the issue including, checking for updates, using the wsreset.exe, using CMD to remove photos on my PC and finally...
  5. The App Didn't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The App Didn't Start: Photos stopped working and I received "The App didn't start" prompt anytime I trying launching it. I followed a discussion with various methods of resolving the issue including, checking for updates, using the wsreset.exe, using CMD to remove photos on my PC and finally...
  6. The App Didn't Start

7. The app didn't start error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The app didn't start error in Windows 10: Hello,There is an issue with my PC where any of the apps does not open whenever I want to open a certain app for the past few weeks.For example: When I click any type of file or even media it says "The app didn't start". Thereby, I cannot open any of my apps in windows.Also,...
  8. App didn't start

App didn't start: My Microsoft photos app didn't start message show to me while photos open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-didnt-start/5bb5cc0d-b690-45c9-a29e-a421bc54d606
  9. The App didn't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The App didn't start: after i reinstall windows 10 this happens to me, when i open microsoft apps an error pops up saying ''The app didn't start ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches, How do i fix this i cant update my apps or use any microsoft apps......
  10. "The app didn't start" windows 10 video app

"The app didn't start" windows 10 video app: Hi there, I use the windows 10 video app to watch movies. It was working just fine until last week when I rebooted my computer. After the reboot everytime i click on a movie file i get an error popup saying " The app didn't start". I know I can change the default app...