Windows 10: App does not start with 2 clicks

Discus and support App does not start with 2 clicks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the cursor moves from one open application to the desktop, starting another app requires 3 clicks. This is on Win 10 latest updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andre nohl, Dec 5, 2018.

1. App does not start with 2 clicks

When the cursor moves from one open application to the desktop, starting another app requires 3 clicks. This is on Win 10 latest updates.

:)

andre nohl, Dec 5, 2018

2. START MENU,CORTANA,EDGE BROWSER AND IN-BUILT APPS NOT WORKING

Hi Aditya,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: You may follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 5, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

App does not start with 2 clicks

Start menu not showing apps in Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated all the Windows updates?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you installed any update recently?
    As a work around, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• Click on 'View All'.

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

App does not start with 2 clicks

1. App does not start with 2 clicks - Similar Threads - App does start

2. Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...: Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus Windows 11 user, new user created allows. Clicking on "start" menu does nothing, clicking and attempting to type in search also does not allow input, right-click on icons and apps does...
  3. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book 2 does not start: The device, when turned on, on a black screen with the microsoft logo, displays the download as if it were an update, the download reaches almost the end, freezes, and the device reboots. And so in a circle. I can’t go into uefi, I just don’t go in holding the volume and...
  4. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 2 does not start: The device, when turned on, on a black screen with the microsoft logo, displays the download as if it were an update, the download reaches almost the end, freezes, and the device reboots. And so in a circle. I can’t go into uefi, I just don’t go in holding the volume and...
  5. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Clicking Start Menu does nothing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking Start Menu does nothing.: Suddenly I discovered that clicking on my start menu does not work anymore. Even clicking and typing into the search does nothing, so I tried to run the "Troubleshooting" wizard, and it did not find anything. I then tried to check to see if I was missing updates on the...
  7. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  8. 2 Apps starting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Apps starting randomly: Windows 10 Insider, Build14965 When the PC is resting, 2 apps seems to start by themselves, almost as if they were a screen saver. I haven't timed them. I have dual monitors. On one screen will be the Settings menu, on the other the News app, only with the red and black...
  9. Left Click on Start Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Click on Start Does Nothing: Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start indicating that the machine is busy performing a task, but nothing else happens. Right clicking on start brings up a menu of...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...