Windows 10: App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But...

Discus and support App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Roblox on my daughters new laptop. I've added the laptop as a device in my microsoft account and it shows up in there but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JemimaLees, Jan 22, 2021.

1. App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But...

I'm trying to install Roblox on my daughters new laptop. I've added the laptop as a device in my microsoft account and it shows up in there but when trying to install the app it says: 'It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

I am signed in on the device and it's listed under Devices. I have reset the microsoft store. Windows seems up to date v20H2 and says no available updates. My other laptop with same windows version installed it fine. Please help.

:)

JemimaLees, Jan 22, 2021

2. linking this device to my microsoft acount to use xbox app or other microsoft progams

Hi Seef,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Do you have child account?
    2. Are you using Microsoft Store link to download the app?
    3. Check if you are able to download the app in your Dad’s account?

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Try to sign out and sign in back in to computer.
    2. Try to sign in to Microsoft store app with your Microsoft account
    3. Then try downloading the app from the Microsoft Store App.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 22, 2021
  3. ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

Hello Greg,

I recently upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. When I try to install a game, while signed into my account, from the MS webpage, I get a dialog box stating:

Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

My account manger shows my PC on my devices' listing page. I linked to the manager using the same account, which displays "My account login" on both the page trying to install and the devices listing. Apparently the dialog cannot access the devices linked
    to my account.

When I did not use the "...." -> "Install on my devices" and just clicked "Install/play" the install did kick off and is apparently working.

Chillin369, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But...

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But...

1. App Download Problem: 'Don't Have Applicable Devices Linked to Microsoft Account' ....But... - Similar Threads - App Download Problem

2. don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.: Hi i have tried all the suggestions i can find while googling this issue. I was unable to delete the datastore.edb because it keeps saying its in use. so i googled how to fix that and that didnt work either. so im completely stuck i purchased the gamepass and cant download...
  3. It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: I am trying to download games onto my Laptop, but, its keep saying "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." and the install button cannot be clicked, and yes my...
  4. "it looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account"

"it looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account": Hello, I recently formatted my laptop. I had purchased many apps back then before formatting, but now when I want to install them, it says "it looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account". I checked my microsoft account on my pc many...
  5. It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.: I don't know why, but i already sign in and have my device in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-looks-like-you-dont-have-any-applicable-devices/951c34d3-39e4-4ad4-b88b-0f5d0a8a3837
  6. Microsoft saying I don't have any applicable devices linked to my account to download a...

Microsoft saying I don't have any applicable devices linked to my account to download a...: I've purchased Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, via a link from the Xbox Console Companion included with my laptop, but it comes up with the error message above. I've trawled the internet to try to resolve it. I've manually updated windows to the latest. I've checked that...
  7. No applicable device linked to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No applicable device linked to your Microsoft account: I am currently trying to install Disney+. I have a windows 10 and it is linked to microsoft on every app i have that can be linked to Microsoft but it still says i dont have an applicable device linked to my Microsoft account. Ive double checked and tried at least a dozen...
  8. It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.: i tried to download paint 3d, but it said It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. i tried to link a device and it told me to go to accounts > your info. i went to accounts and...there was no where that said 'more info.' it...
  9. It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...: So I bought Minecraft the master collection on the Microsoft store website and tried to install it on my pc but i keep getting this message. "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your...
  10. ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’: i have been trying to download sims 4 on my windows 10 lenovo. It says ‘you own this game’ and gives me the option to ‘install on my devices’ however when i click this, it tells me i dont have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account. I do have a microsoft...