Windows 10: App file transfer

Discus and support App file transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello i would like to transfer one of my files to an app to do things if i could get the information on how to do that i would be every happy so please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. App file transfer

Hello i would like to transfer one of my files to an app to do things if i could get the information on how to do that i would be every happy so please can you give me the information? Thanks.

:)

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 26, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 26, 2020
  4. shuggans Win User

App file transfer

Network File Transfer vb.net

Hello all. I'm developing an application that automatically sends files from a machine running the client app to a server running the server app. The files in question are very large files, (500mb - 2GB in size) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer them qucikly and efficiently over the network. Should I utilize FTP transfer, or should I develop a TCP transfer client/server?

If TCP, can anybody give me a basic run down of the networkstream class used with the tcplistener? Thanks guys.

shuggans, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

App file transfer

1. App file transfer - Similar Threads - App file transfer

2. Transferring important files and apps to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring important files and apps to new computer: Does anyone have a procedure for transferring files and apps from a previous upgraded Windows 11 computer to a new one using an external hard drive? I've heard that PC files that are synched to One Drive will not copy over with an automated transfer but don't know that for...
  3. Transferring important files and apps to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring important files and apps to new computer: Does anyone have a procedure for transferring files and apps from a previous upgraded Windows 11 computer to a new one using an external hard drive? I've heard that PC files that are synched to One Drive will not copy over with an automated transfer but don't know that for...
  4. transferring files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    transferring files: im trying to transfer files from my laptop to my flashdrive and also from a flashdrive to another flashdrive.. the flashdrive is usb 3 so i was expecting that it would be a bit fast.. but i dont know why when im transferring files speed is fast at first but after like a...
  5. transfer files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files: Cannot transfer files from c drive to desk top asks for g drive which is a external https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files/ae90ca99-871e-447d-b535-838a5dffbc9b
  6. File Transfer

File Transfer: I am planing on getting a new laptop, but I want to transfer all files in both drives without removing files from my son's account, and deleting the files from the original PC. How would I do this?...
  7. transfer files

transfer files: Alas, the motherboard died on our windows 7 computer, but the files are still readable. What is the easiest method to transfer files to our new windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files/570031b6-48d1-4bf0-a124-1050f29f86b6"
  8. transfer files

transfer files: Hi I've got a game on my other phone I just need to know how to get it on to my new one Can anyone help it will be greatly appreciated thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files/39e11b3f-83b2-4507-a007-47ac7577dd88"
  9. transfer files

in Windows 10 Customization
    transfer files: I have a pc that will not boot up, black screen, is there any way to transfer my files to a new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-files/78b496b0-b239-45b6-9932-306da48d8810
  10. Recommend a fast file transfer app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommend a fast file transfer app?: Recommend a fast file transfer app? 111815