Windows 10: App from Microsoft Store won’t install

Discus and support App from Microsoft Store won’t install in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought an app on the Microsoft Store and tried to install it but got the message to turn on Windows Update. Code: 0x80070422". I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Magen Poon, Jul 24, 2020.

1. App from Microsoft Store won’t install

I bought an app on the Microsoft Store and tried to install it but got the message to turn on Windows Update. Code: 0x80070422". I tried to troubleshoot this error but the system says that everything is ok.

:)

Magen Poon, Jul 24, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 27, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jul 27, 2020
  4. App from Microsoft Store won’t install

Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

App from Microsoft Store won’t install

1. App from Microsoft Store won’t install - Similar Threads - App Microsoft Store

2. Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store: its stuck on 1% and 0 kbps downloading and uploading and I’ve been waiting an hour but when I install something else the network speed and download is faster for that app...
  3. Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won’t let me install Xbox app on Microsoft store: its stuck on 1% and 0 kbps downloading and uploading and I’ve been waiting an hour but when I install something else the network speed and download is faster for that app...
  4. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  5. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  6. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  7. Microsoft Store Won’t Install Any Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Won’t Install Any Apps: I click the install button -> Pending -> Starting download -> Acquiring license -> Then it shows me “Error” I click “See details” and it says “Turn on Windows Update”, which is already on in services. I tried doing the troubleshooting thing (Didn’t work) Updated Windows...
  8. Install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Install apps from Microsoft Store: On my other laptop i downloaded some apps and i want to know since I am using the same acct for both laptops, will those apps be on the other laptop as well or do i need to download them on the 2nd laptop? ***Original Title: microsoft apps***...
  9. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: 've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the store Please help...
  10. install apps from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    install apps from microsoft store: I was asked to log in via logmein last night. I was given a case number. The issue was not resolved. I am still only able to install from the microsoft store but not download. They advised I download windows 1803, which I have now done. The problem hasn't been resolved....