Windows 10: App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth

Discus and support App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I go to Task Manager and select "App History", the Resource Usage for the last month for my user account shows almost 3,000,000MB (ie 3000GB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RMDEQ, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RMDEQ Win User

App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth

When I go to Task Manager and select "App History", the Resource Usage for the last month for my user account shows almost 3,000,000MB (ie 3000GB or 3TB) of Network use. The CPU time is also extraordinarily high compared to all my other apps: 142 hours, 36 minutes and 25 seconds. I also know for a fact that this system was completely powered down for at least 10 of the past 30 days during a vacation. So, all this reported usage is over a 20 day period.

If I look at the disk space used on MyComputer->MyPictures, it's about 96GB. My OneDrive pictures are even smaller, at about 1GB. So, I'd have to be looking through all of my pictures every day OVER THE NETWORK to use this bandwidth myself.

I haven't had time yet to look at devices upstream from my computer to see whether 3TB have actually transited through them in the last 20 days.

I'm wondering whether anyone else is experiencing an anomaly like this from App History and their Microsoft Photos app. Is the app incorrectly reporting too much Network usage? Or, is it possible that the Microsoft Photos app is somehow granting unauthorized access to the rest of my files (which are in the neighborhood of 3TB)?

App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth 85e07655-e7a1-4787-a892-ffd97fe3d8f9?upload=true.png

:)

RMDEQ, Sep 16, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 16, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 16, 2019
  4. App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth

1. App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth - Similar Threads - App History reports

2. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  3. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  4. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  5. Large amount of App Data Reported

Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  6. How to Use Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Use Microsoft Photos app: I want to start using the photo app but idk, how to use it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-microsoft-photos-app/12f2f91e-54ed-4529-a9d6-897a941518d4
  7. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Video using Microsoft Photo app -: Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration. Upon playing the video within the app (to see...
  8. Using photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using photo app: I have limited experience with this app in Windows 10. I created an album and want to review the photos to select for distribution. I am only able to see in a slideshow format. Frustrated. Help. Thank you...
  9. Using Microsoft Photos app

Using Microsoft Photos app: How do I learn to use the new photo program called 'Photos' that has replaced Picture Manager? I can't figure it out! ***Original title: How to use Microsoft 'Photos'***...
  10. Outlook 2013/2016 using tremendous amounts of bandwidth

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013/2016 using tremendous amounts of bandwidth: Hi, I've read in many forums about Outlook/Office365 using a tremendous amount of bandwidth. I have an office with 10 heavy outlook users, half being delegates of the bosses that have HUGE mailboxes (~15GB) and that refuse to archive emails. They have a 30M internet...