Windows 10: App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10

Discus and support App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Today I discovered that all of my hotkeys do not work on desktop, but when any app is open i mean not minimized, but it can be not active,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeNikitov, Mar 28, 2020.

1. NeNikitov Win User

App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10

Hello!

Today I discovered that all of my hotkeys do not work on desktop, but when any app is open i mean not minimized, but it can be not active, they work as intented. Yesterday my hotkeys were working, from that time I did not install any apps, did not change any of my Windows settings and I did not recieve any Windows updates.

I already tried rebooting, booting in clean mode, reassigning my shortcuts, changing keyboard settings, running Windows troubleshooting and system check, no result.

Any ideas why this strange behavior can happen? Maybe someone knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

:)

NeNikitov, Mar 28, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

I have no problems with the weather app... on my pc, tablets, laptops, or windows phones.
    Must be regional/local problems.

Or, your store/app data files may be corrupt.
    Might want to try the apps troubleshooter.

95Viper, Mar 28, 2020
  4. App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10

Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10

1. App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - App hotkeys does

2. Windows PowerShell - No hotkeys are working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PowerShell - No hotkeys are working: I'm on windows 10 and am running into an issue where I need to disable focus mode for my powershell, so that I can access the drop-down menu. However, I cannot open the command palette or the settings as neither "ctrl + shift + p" nor "ctrl + ," work either. When I press any...
  3. Windows PowerShell - No hotkeys are working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PowerShell - No hotkeys are working: I'm on windows 10 and am running into an issue where I need to disable focus mode for my powershell, so that I can access the drop-down menu. However, I cannot open the command palette or the settings as neither "ctrl + shift + p" nor "ctrl + ," work either. When I press any...
  4. Windows PowerShell - No hotkeys are working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Does Windows 10 have a hotkey to mute sound in a window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 have a hotkey to mute sound in a window?: I have been wondering and googling for it this evening, it seems to me like a pretty useful QoL feature. But all I could find was the obvious system mute shortcut. I make frequent use of the sound mixer, because often times I need to mute a window, but it's kind of a hassle...
  6. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows hotkey peek at desktop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows hotkey peek at desktop not working: As of last week I have found that one of my windows hotkey shortcuts not functioning. Peek at desktop, with the use of windows + , to activate not functioning anymore. All the other keys are working such as windows + m to minimize etc.. Thanks...
  8. MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.: Have tried installing several mail clients including Thunderbird and emClient and made all the proper settings in default programs and/or set by protocol to no avail. In IE 11 The File, Send , page by email , link by email were both greyed out. Then saw there was a free trial...
  9. Hotkeys not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...
  10. Media HotKey Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media HotKey Not Working: This is my only gripe since upgrading to windows ten. Itunes no longer loads when I press my media key on my keyboard. I've set it in the default apps but nothing, i've tried setting it to open other apps but nothing still. The other hotkeys, i.e. the calculator, work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HCL HOT KEY not working windows 10 for wifi