Windows 10: App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

Discus and support App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanoElia1, Jan 17, 2020.

1. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up.

I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing happened.

Some weeks ago, I've used iObit app to free some space, maybe this cancelled some files responsable for icones.

Thanks!

:)

StefanoElia1, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2020
  4. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

1. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search - Similar Threads - App icon corrupted

2. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  3. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  4. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  6. Broken icons in search of start menu.

Broken icons in search of start menu.: Hi all, I have an issue with the icons in the search of start. They look blank / broken, please see the screen shot. See the Weather app as an example: [ATTACH] This happened to all my machines, desktop and 2 laptops. On all devices I run Windows 10 Pro - 20H2. Do you...
  7. Start menu icons get corrupted

Start menu icons get corrupted: My start menu icons are displaying like this... [ATTACH] How to resolve this? Thanks in advance... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-get-corrupted/1945669b-3558-4207-b8fc-c0627f4dc183
  8. Broken icons start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken icons start menu search: [ATTACH] In the last 2 days I found this issue on my windows, not sure how many icons are affected but it looks really awful, it seem to be only on the search part of the start menu and to include most but not all the apps, what can I do to fix it? Thanks...
  9. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  10. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ome Windows 10 users appear to be experiencing an issue with task bar search in which the box appears blank and does not display search results.