Windows 10: App icon not showing correctly in search bar

Discus and support App icon not showing correctly in search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BrockBangasser, Jun 11, 2021.

1. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my windows earlier today. I have restarted windows explorer, my pc, windows search, and app icon cache. I have also done a repair install of windows and none of that has fixed it. I created a local administrator profile and the icons show up correctly on that profile. Below is a screenshot of what they look like. The apps themselves load up fine.

:)

BrockBangasser, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 11, 2021
  3. aosman Win User
    Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

App icon not showing correctly in search bar [​IMG]

aosman, Jun 11, 2021
  4. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

App icon not showing on window search menu

I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself.
    Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly. Another interesting note: I recently installed a new application, and the icons show up correctly.

Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

App icon not showing correctly in search bar

1. App icon not showing correctly in search bar - Similar Threads - App icon showing

2. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  3. Icons not showing on search bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  4. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Not showing app icon correctly in windows search

in Cortana
    Not showing app icon correctly in windows search: I am using windows 10 on my PC. And it is also up to date. But the problem is, when I search a Microsoft app in the search bar, the app icon does not show. It is showing like an image icon.so, Pleze helps me to resolve this error....some of the images are bellow.... This...
  6. Not showing app icon correctly in windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing app icon correctly in windows search: I am using windows 10 on my PC. And it is also up to date. But the problem is, when I search a Microsoft app in the search bar, the app icon does not show. It is showing like an image icon.so, Pleze helps me to resolve this error....some of the images are bellow.... This...
  7. Not showing app icon correctly in windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  9. Windows search bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not showing icons: Ive been having this problem for several weeks now. Ive tried changing the display settings to 125% to 100% still didnt work. Also tried to disable thumbnail previews , still didnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance....
  10. Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.: Hi. Since some time, my windows apps icons in the search box doesn't show up. This only happens with windows store installed apps, and for the store itself. [ATTACH] Do someone have an idea on how to fix this? I really have no clue. Thanks :...