Windows 10: App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

Discus and support App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Using Start Menu Search [ATTACH] Start Menu apps Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elysium23, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Elysium23 Win User

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps afbd87c3-4760-454a-bb37-492104915a54?upload=true.png

Using Start Menu Search

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps cbcadc70-444d-4865-a645-67122c59855b?upload=true.png

Start Menu apps

Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the startbar.

Calculator, Camera, Spotify etc are all affected by this issue.

However, the icons are showing up as per normal in the Start menu (if I don't perform a search)

Tried different methods like clearing iconcache.db, performing scannow and the repair etc, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Elysium23, Jun 25, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 25, 2019
  3. atinfo Win User
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

Hi,
    Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that folder [and hide from Start Menu App List, that I want to be hide in Start Menu App List] Cortana only shows my search result [for example, shows my portable app shortcut] but nothing work!!! when I click on portable app shortcut [that I put on that folder]. *Think

atinfo, Jun 25, 2019
  4. aosman Win User

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps [​IMG]

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps [​IMG]

aosman, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps - Similar Threads - App icon showing

2. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Cortana
    Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10: Apps like Calculator, Notepad, etc, work fine and appear in the search bar when you type for it. The issue is that when I install a new app like Notepad++ or OBS and search for it, it doesn't show up as it should. When I scroll for the apps I want to find in the Start Menu...
  3. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10: Apps like Calculator, Notepad, etc, work fine and appear in the search bar when you type for it. The issue is that when I install a new app like Notepad++ or OBS and search for it, it doesn't show up as it should. When I scroll for the apps I want to find in the Start Menu...
  4. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  6. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  7. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. App icon not showing on window search menu

App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  9. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  10. App Icons won't show in search menu

App Icons won't show in search menu: So I have this issue where the app icons is showing me this black 'X' in the search menu. I tried changing display setting, select 125% scalling and back to 100% but it seems doesn't work. is there anyway to fix this? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app icons are not showing while searching in windows 10