Windows 10: App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

Discus and support App Icons Appear on wrong screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 screens. Icons for my most used icons have always been on Screen 1. Now they default to Screen 2. How can I get then back to default on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ghost Image, May 14, 2019.

1. App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

I have 2 screens. Icons for my most used icons have always been on Screen 1. Now they default to Screen 2. How can I get then back to default on Screen 1?

:)

Ghost Image, May 14, 2019
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, May 14, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile App Icons Appear on wrong screen. :)

4. App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

Ink worksapce apps appear on non-touch screen

Hi Ian,

With regard to your query, since applications normally open on the primary screen, we suggest that you try switching both screens from primary to secondary. If the issue persist, try uninstalling and reinstalling the feature by following the steps below:

• Click on Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar.
    • Turn System Icons On or Off.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      Off
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Repeat steps 1 to 4.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      On
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 14, 2019
Thema:

App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

1. App Icons Appear on wrong screen. - Similar Threads - App Icons Appear

2. Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons: Attached Image says it all really.Bluetooth is saying ThunderbirdSpeaker is saying Google DriveetcAny suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-which-icons-appear-on-the-task-bar-showing/ed852b14-9af5-443f-9eac-b6c4a81bdd5b
  3. Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons: Attached Image says it all really.Bluetooth is saying ThunderbirdSpeaker is saying Google DriveetcAny suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-which-icons-appear-on-the-task-bar-showing/ed852b14-9af5-443f-9eac-b6c4a81bdd5b
  4. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  5. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  6. Icon keeps appearing on the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icon keeps appearing on the screen: Hi I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I brought a numerical keypad to use with it, but every time I press on a key an icon flashes up on the screen... [ATTACH] Any way that I can stop this from happening? Thanks,...
  7. Unresponsive Settings App, Unresponsive Search Bar, and Wrong Icon Shortcuts Appearances

Unresponsive Settings App, Unresponsive Search Bar, and Wrong Icon Shortcuts Appearances: Hello, today I ran into multiple problems on my PC. My settings page is being unresponsive. Cannot access non of the sub-settings. Can't even update Windows. Another thing is when I go and click the search bar on the bottom left corner to search something, nothing happens. It...
  8. No icons appear on the screen anywhere.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons appear on the screen anywhere.: I bought a new computer recently and andit has been working just fine until now. When i loqd up the computer no icons apear anywhere, on the top or taskbar. I trued to find a solution but the ones i found about explorer.exe wont work because when i try to open it up rhat...
  9. PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app

PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app: Hi None of the topics on the third drop-down list matches this problem so I going for Desktop etc a because that's where it started, and if the post should be somewhere else could a kind Moderator please shift it or copy it there? I've tried entering key words for this...
  10. Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop: I have Windows 10 home (Version 1803 - OS build 17134.523) installed on my Lenovo-PC Z710. I've set up an extended desktop between my laptop and attached display, the laptop display being designated display 1 and the main display. The problem is after restarting Windows all...