Windows 10: App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help

Discus and support App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm at the point where I don't know what else to try. Windows 10 App Icons won't display correctly on my system when I create shortcuts no matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elspazzz, May 29, 2020.

1. App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help

I'm at the point where I don't know what else to try. Windows 10 App Icons won't display correctly on my system when I create shortcuts no matter what I do. This only appears to affect Win10 APP's.

I've tried deleting the icon cache and it might fix the issue or it might not but if it does the issue starts recurring within a day.

I have a O365 Account that I also use to login with, all the directions for rebuilding a broken windows profile assume that your using a traditional local account or AD account.

I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do other than pave the system over and start over but that seems dumb since it's working fine otherwise.

submitted by /u/elspazzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elspazzz, May 29, 2020

2. Broken Icons in Apps

Hi Franz,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you the run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 29, 2020
  3. Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Nick,

We still can't identify what causing this broken icons issue. To get more closely at the root cause, we need additional information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 29, 2020
Thema:

App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help

1. App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help - Similar Threads - App Icons are

2. My Windows 10 is just broken...help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 is just broken...help...: Hello, on 2019 I downloaded windows 10 and bought a Key for it on amazon which turned out to be a scam and after using windows for 4 months my product key expired. Since then I've had the Windows Activation Sign on the bottom right. I was younger so I didn't really care as...
  3. My Windows 10 is just broken...help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 is just broken...help...: Hello, on 2019 I downloaded windows 10 and bought a Key for it on amazon which turned out to be a scam and after using windows for 4 months my product key expired. Since then I've had the Windows Activation Sign on the bottom right. I was younger so I didn't really care as...
  4. My Windows 10 is just broken...help...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with broken drive mapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with broken drive mapping: Drive mapping broken - due to replacement of computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-broken-drive-mapping/43430f22-6fbd-44a5-980a-6a5d39b79ddb
  6. Display Driver Broken! Need Help!!

Display Driver Broken! Need Help!!: So yesterday I ran into a problem where I was updating my drivers and I got a black screen. I went on this forum to fix it and finally got it fixed, but only my laptop screen showed images. My monitor on the other hand was not working at all. I have been trying to fix it ever...
  7. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search: Hi, When I use the Search box in the taskbar to find an app quickly, several apps shows the same icons instead of showing the right icon app. Usually are apps from the Microsoft Store. In my case I'm talking specifically of Slack, Spotify and Skype. Help please....
  8. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

in Cortana
    WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search: Hi, When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine. I have tried everything I can find online, including: - Reinstall all apps with PowerShell - Clearing IconCache I...
  9. Windows Credentials and File Sharing is Fundamentally Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Credentials and File Sharing is Fundamentally Broken: A picture paints a thousand words. Let me give this a run down. I have two machines, both activated, running like a sheep with my little Microsoft logins enabled some of it's OK but it doesn't give you that pride of ownership that XP did and all I wanted to do was some basic...
  10. [HELP] Broken App Shortcuts

[HELP] Broken App Shortcuts: Hello TEN FORUMS! I'm having a problem with my windows store right now! this is what it shows Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet , I think I messed up with powershell commands fixing the store and messed the other apps. 36344