Windows 10: App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search

Discus and support App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, App icons are not showing on my Windows 10 search. I tried to deleting icon cache, changing the screen scale but none of them... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KaanKulak, Oct 3, 2020.

1. KaanKulak Win User

App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search

App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search ad2ffccf-797f-4664-a61b-8b3b4d968b85?upload=true.png

Hello,

App icons are not showing on my Windows 10 search. I tried to deleting icon cache, changing the screen scale but none of them worked. I've done a clean install of Windows 10 but after few days Icons on my Windows search are broke again. How can I solve this problem for good?

I am waiting for your help.

Thanks in advance.

:)

KaanKulak, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Apps Icons are missing from Apps menu

Hi Neal,

There are several workarounds that we can perform if you're having issues with the missing icons (including Microsoft Edge) after Windows 10 update. Before we proceed, we need to gather some details for us to determine the most appropriate advice to your
    concern. As such, kindly provide us the answers to the following questions.

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 device? To check that, click on the Start menu, type
      winver, then hit on the Enter key.
    • When did the issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried to search for the apps that you have from the search field or Cortana and check if those app are still in the File Explorer?

As our initial troubleshooting procedure, we suggest that you try to run the
    Windows App Troubleshooter
    and please let us know the result. This tool can scan issues and can provided automatic
    fixes.

Regarding Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you follow the the steps provided by yours truly, dated last 3rd of August 2017, on this
    thread. Those steps will help us to fix the issue with Microsoft Edge.

Any update form you is highly apprciated.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search - Similar Threads - App icons are

2. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  3. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar: Hello, I've been having this problem for 2 months where the app icons of certain applications duch as those from MS Store are missing in the search bar, however apps that I installed seperately load up correctly, I found a question similar to this but the answer didn't help...
  6. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  7. Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar: [ATTACH] It happened after I installed Google chrome. I tried rebuilding icon cache. I don't know what to do now. https://preview.redd.it/5z5daslsgkz51.png?width=784&format=png&auto=webp&s=095f3afd5f3ccb0ff2c6cd5a4533a96e386c0335 submitted by /u/itwaslikethatjpg...
  8. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

in Cortana
    App icons missing in windows 10 search menu: App icons missing in windows 10 search menu, tried clearing icon cache and doesn't work. Made a new local user account and icons reappeared, but doesn't appear on my original account. Reset windows 10, updated to latest version, and a few days later it has happened again....
  9. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....
  10. Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH] I'm having an issue where the icons on my apps won't show when I search them up via Windows Search. I'd be able to see some of the icons if I installed them recently, but anything before that has all of the icons replaced with the square X icon. Is there a way I...