Windows 10: App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

Discus and support App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thane5, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Thane5 Win User

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken".

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? a0dbcda1-b637-480f-bd87-27319c006ed3?upload=true.png

This is what they look like on the Taskbar

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? f9137051-6d38-40f0-ae16-dcb87b0fc166?upload=true.png

And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo viewer XNview, but before that they would just show the default white empty icon. The icons still show up correctly if i pin them to my start menu, or search for them manually in the apps list.

I have tried all methods of deleting icons caches i could find. I was looking for errors with "sfc /scannow", and tried resetting the Windows Store. Creating a new user account made no difference either. Setting the Explorer options to "Always show icons instead of thumbnails" did nothing.

:)

Thane5, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? [​IMG]

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Jan 16, 2020
  3. pakZ Win User
    Windows Apps Icons with white background

Hello folks,

it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete.

However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3 by BluPaper on DeviantArt).

While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App icons in the taskbar (see screenshot).
    As you can see, the icon right to the foobar player is supposed to be the native Mail App. And right of that one is the Wunderlist app, which has also lost its transparency and displays a white background. Affected are all Windows 10 apps.
    Those same icons in the start menu are displaying properly, however.

Is there any possible solution to fixing this problem without uninstalling the icon set again? *Confused

Thanks in advance.

4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results? - Similar Threads - App icons white

2. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Cortana
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  3. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  4. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  6. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  7. Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons

in Cortana
    Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons: I noticed today that when I search for programs on the start menu some icons will show while some will not. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance....
  8. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  9. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  10. Windows Apps Icons with white background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my taskbar icons have white backgrounds

2. apps in my pinned task bar have no icon