Windows 10: App icons increase in size

Discus and support App icons increase in size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The app icons on my PC increase in size every time l turn on my PC. I know how to reset them, right click, click view etc. but why does it keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paul56, Oct 29, 2016.

1. paul56 Win User

App icons increase in size

The app icons on my PC increase in size every time l turn on my PC. I know how to reset them, right click, click view etc. but why does it keep happening? My google page is ridiculously enlarged and l don't know how to reset that.

:)

paul56, Oct 29, 2016

2. Font Size

How can I increase the font size in Windows without screen magnification increasing as well? I know how to go into settings--display--scale, but this increases the image as well as the font size. All I want to do is to increase the font size. For example,
    on the desktop there are icons with titles, and the titles are too small although the icon is enlarged. Thank you.

DonnaSmith1, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 29, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi Paul56,
    Welcome to the forums, if your screen has a separate power switch, switch that on before you start your PC, you can also leave the screen in standby mode and see whether it helps.

brummyfan, Oct 29, 2016
  5. paul56 Win User
    Appreciate the advice but unfortunately no joy.

paul56, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. App icons increase in size - Similar Threads - App icons increase

2. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  3. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  4. Increasing icon size in Finale Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing icon size in Finale Music: I am using Finale Music on Windows 10 and I cannot increase the size of the tool icons. Finale's own solution doesn't work, and I'm suspecting it is because of the DPI of my laptop. Has anyone met this problem ?...
  5. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  6. Increase ICON label font size???????

Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  7. Increase task view icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase task view icon size?: New to windows - Can I increase the size of task view window previews? As can be seen from attached image, they are unnecessarily small considering all the available space on the display. Also, is it possible to drag and rearrange the ordering of virtual desktops? From what...
  8. how to increase text size in icons

how to increase text size in icons: I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-icons/5ca364cc-acd2-4ac8-8576-7f3c7ba338ea
  9. Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?: Same question for the System Tray? 109917
  10. Need help to increase size of icons and text in many apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help to increase size of icons and text in many apps: Size of text and size of toolbox icons are tiny. About half the size as items on this text function. Tried everything Can you direct me to information? Fast Stone Image Viewer is example Thank you for help 25786