Windows 10: App icons missing from Start menu

Discus and support App icons missing from Start menu in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The thumbnails on some apps downloaded from microsoft store are missing. I tried reinstalling these apps. But the problem is not solved.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobiulFerdous, Aug 17, 2020.

1. App icons missing from Start menu

App icons missing from Start menu 475479b7-ff12-438f-9452-53941840a8e4?upload=true.png

The thumbnails on some apps downloaded from microsoft store are missing. I tried reinstalling these apps. But the problem is not solved. Moreover I cannot download messenger app from microsoft store. How can I solve this problems.

:)

RobiulFerdous, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Aug 31, 2020
  4. App icons missing from Start menu

Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

App icons missing from Start menu

1. App icons missing from Start menu - Similar Threads - App icons missing

2. Many icons are missing from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many icons are missing from the Start menu: Windows 10, Updated many times so it's not a particular version issue.Many Icons don't display with their intended icons when I search on the Start menu. They instead display a generic JPG icon.I have tried the sfc/scan now, refreshing thumbnail cache, and basics like...
  3. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  4. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. start menu apps icon are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  7. Windows Apps missing icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps missing icons in start menu: [ATTACH] Why do Windows Apps suddenly show like this with missing icons? https://preview.redd.it/udepkc1kr8s51.png?width=772&format=png&auto=webp&s=53044fb2c485624b9c57c3f453db24d30b8114df submitted by /u/P4trickP [link] [comments]...
  8. App icon missing from Start Menu after app reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App icon missing from Start Menu after app reset.: Edit : Ok, now it turns out that my entire game is "missing" from my PC, the store doesn't consider it installed, even though it is. And I can't find it in my programs. The store is only prompting me to redownload it again, even though it is downloaded and is taking 70GB+ of...
  9. Windows apps icon missing in start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps icon missing in start menu: I recently took ownership of WindowsApps folder and changed permissions of that folder for some reason but then all the windows apps stopped opening as if something was force-closing it. I somehow fixed that problem but one problem remains; all the default windows apps' icons...
  10. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753