Windows 10: App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

Discus and support App icons missing in windows 10 search menu in Cortana to solve the problem; App icons missing in windows 10 search menu, tried clearing icon cache and doesn't work. Made a new local user account and icons reappeared, but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jamesager1994, Nov 11, 2020.

1. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

App icons missing in windows 10 search menu, tried clearing icon cache and doesn't work. Made a new local user account and icons reappeared, but doesn't appear on my original account. Reset windows 10, updated to latest version, and a few days later it has happened again.

:)

Jamesager1994, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2020
  4. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

1. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu - Similar Threads - App icons missing

2. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu: If I scroll down the list of all installed apps on the start menu there is a Microsoft Store entry with the expected briefcase. But if I type "st" then it searches and I get the Microsoft Store entry at the top, as an app, and the icon is the missing image thing. The white...
  3. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  4. Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar: [ATTACH] It happened after I installed Google chrome. I tried rebuilding icon cache. I don't know what to do now. https://preview.redd.it/5z5daslsgkz51.png?width=784&format=png&auto=webp&s=095f3afd5f3ccb0ff2c6cd5a4533a96e386c0335 submitted by /u/itwaslikethatjpg...
  5. Windows Apps missing icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps missing icons in start menu: [ATTACH] Why do Windows Apps suddenly show like this with missing icons? https://preview.redd.it/udepkc1kr8s51.png?width=772&format=png&auto=webp&s=53044fb2c485624b9c57c3f453db24d30b8114df submitted by /u/P4trickP [link] [comments]...
  6. App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH] Hello, App icons are not showing on my Windows 10 search. I tried to deleting icon cache, changing the screen scale but none of them worked. I've done a clean install of Windows 10 but after few days Icons on my Windows search are broke again. How can I solve...
  7. Application Icons missing from Search Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Icons missing from Search Menu: So recently I've had a rather strange issue with my computer where it powered off all of a sudden, and after I turned it back on and pressed the Windows key to search for an application, the majority of my applications icons don't show up when searching despite showing up on...
  8. App icon not showing on window search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  9. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  10. Windows apps icon missing in start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps icon missing in start menu: I recently took ownership of WindowsApps folder and changed permissions of that folder for some reason but then all the windows apps stopped opening as if something was force-closing it. I somehow fixed that problem but one problem remains; all the default windows apps' icons...