Windows 10: App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

Discus and support App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this problem for 2 months where the app icons of certain applications duch as those from MS Store are missing in the search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KarthikS.B, Jun 16, 2021.

1. App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

Hello, I've been having this problem for 2 months where the app icons of certain applications duch as those from MS Store are missing in the search bar, however apps that I installed seperately load up correctly, I found a question similar to this but the answer didn't help and the issue still persists. I've deleted the iconcache.db file, resizing icons and creating a new account this works but when I go back to my old account the problem is still there. I have attached a screenshot below:

:)

KarthikS.B, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 16, 2021
  4. aosman Win User

App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar [​IMG]

App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar [​IMG]

aosman, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

1. App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar - Similar Threads - App Icons missing

2. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  3. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons are missing from Search Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons are missing from Search Bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coolninja111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvvtms/icons_are_missing_from_search_bar/
  6. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  7. Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?

Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?: [ATTACH] Why are all these icons missing? ._. These function as they should, but it gets rather annoying not seeing them. https://preview.redd.it/nrkou76fnhf61.png?width=980&format=png&auto=webp&s=315bb6550bdeb892a2f2c10aaab21131f251ccdf submitted by /u/MuncherCookie...
  8. Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar

Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar: [ATTACH] It happened after I installed Google chrome. I tried rebuilding icon cache. I don't know what to do now. https://preview.redd.it/5z5daslsgkz51.png?width=784&format=png&auto=webp&s=095f3afd5f3ccb0ff2c6cd5a4533a96e386c0335 submitted by /u/itwaslikethatjpg...
  9. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  10. Missing icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in search bar: I have a problem when i search for some programs (winrar, file explorer, registry editor, paint etc.) icons don't show up they are just white with X in middle any solution? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...