Windows 10: App icons not displaying in Windows 10

Discus and support App icons not displaying in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed recently that some apps don't show the icons in the top left of the window. Here are the screenshots. You will see the default app icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeBrz, Oct 21, 2020.

1. GeorgeBrz Win User

App icons not displaying in Windows 10

I noticed recently that some apps don't show the icons in the top left of the window. Here are the screenshots. You will see the default app icon.

What could be the problem? Both apps are updated and newly downloaded. I was playing around with privacy settings few months ago, and is it possible that I accidentally switched something off and now windows cannot fetch the icons?

App icons not displaying in Windows 10 2b74b1fe-8ff1-4f2c-ad84-385b916fac81?upload=true.jpg App icons not displaying in Windows 10 71929632-3634-4dd6-99a1-5a0c51a9870e?upload=true.jpg

:)

GeorgeBrz, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 21, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. App icons not displaying in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - App icons displaying

2. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  3. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  4. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...: Hello everybody,Just as the title says . My Windows 10 OS is having trouble displaying icons in the taskbar for a program that is being used. The two programs that are having trouble are Windows 10 Settings and Microsoft To Do. Below are screenshots for proof:With TaskbarX...
  6. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...: Hello everybody,Just as the title says . My Windows 10 OS is having trouble displaying icons in the taskbar for a program that is being used. The two programs that are having trouble are Windows 10 Settings and Microsoft To Do. Below are screenshots for proof:With TaskbarX...
  7. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

8. weather icon display on Windows 10

weather icon display on Windows 10: Dear Microsoft team,Pls tell me that how should I add the ICON not app on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-icon-display-on-windows-10/a87553f3-5219-4dc3-92fc-1e31c29d9388
  9. Windows 10 apps icons cannot display properly in the search bar.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 apps icons cannot display properly in the search bar.: Win32 apps can be displayed correctly, but UWP apps cannot. [ATTACH] I've tried to fix by removing the "IconCache.db" but the problem still exists. Is there a way to reinstall the "Search" app?...
  10. windows 10 apps display error blank icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 apps display error blank icon: Dear Microsoft i need solution for this trouble if somebody know it please help me some of my apps can't run as admin like this blank icons and when im try open windows repair its says[IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...