Windows 10: App Icons showing on other desktop??

Discus and support App Icons showing on other desktop?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have two desktops open the first desktop has google chrome, word, etc. When I switch desktops by pressing ctrl + windows key + right arrow the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gunn Jeong, Apr 12, 2021.

1. App Icons showing on other desktop??

So I have two desktops open the first desktop has google chrome, word, etc. When I switch desktops by pressing ctrl + windows key + right arrow the app icons still show on the other desktop. this is very annoying. here are some screenshots

If you are confused here is a youtube video that I made to show my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhzqD5dHV8&ab_channel=G88CUBER

DESKTOP 2:

App Icons showing on other desktop?? e757e58e-dc28-4109-b81d-d49b65c9f852?upload=true.png

DESKTOP 2: App Icons showing on other desktop?? 10c3a27e-f64e-48c8-bcf0-acca88eefc02?upload=true.png

:)

Gunn Jeong, Apr 12, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 12, 2021
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

App Icons showing on other desktop??

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

App Icons showing on other desktop??

1. App Icons showing on other desktop?? - Similar Threads - App Icons showing

2. Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?: I noticed when I created other user in windows 11 there's no icons on the desktop. only application name but no icon. This is biggest problem. I already tried some options but it didn't workCan you help me?...
  3. Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?: I noticed when I created other user in windows 11 there's no icons on the desktop. only application name but no icon. This is biggest problem. I already tried some options but it didn't workCan you help me?...
  4. Some icons for apps are invisible, and other icons dont show up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some icons for apps are invisible, and other icons dont show up: Since some days ago, for whatever reason some icons are missing. The Spotify, Groove Music, Settings and To Do icons are literally invisible, while folders with photos only show an empty folder, and the icons for images and videos are a white paper. I scanned the entire PC...
  5. Some icons for apps are invisible, and other icons dont show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons for apps are invisible, and other icons dont show up: Since some days ago, for whatever reason some icons are missing. The Spotify, Groove Music, Settings and To Do icons are literally invisible, while folders with photos only show an empty folder, and the icons for images and videos are a white paper. I scanned the entire PC...
  6. Some icons for apps are invisible, and other icons dont show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?: I have just updated my Windows 10 to the latest version December 11, 2020. I have 2 different PCs on the same home network - one used for work, one for music - both of which I log in on with the same password. Now my music PC's desktop shows some of my work PC's desktop icons...
  8. Desktop Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop showing apps not icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Desktop showing apps not icons: Dear Experts I am new to windows 10 , as I have been using windows 7 for a while. I tried to google for the issue that I have been experiencing but couldn't find a fix Currently windows 10s desktop is showing apps how can I make it showing icons ,,,,I mean I want it...