Windows 10: app icons

Discus and support app icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, why outlook and settings icon looks like this? any explaination?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AleyCool, Mar 22, 2022.

1. AleyCool Win User

app icons

hello, why outlook and settings icon looks like this? any explaination?

:)

AleyCool, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

app icons

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

app icons

1. app icons - Similar Threads - app icons

2. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  3. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  4. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  5. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  6. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

in Cortana
    windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...: My pc windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc scannow method.... everything.. it's still not working.... I'm tired.This actually happened after I was unable to log into my PC when I mistakenly changed some values in the Windows...
  7. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...: My pc windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc scannow method.... everything.. it's still not working.... I'm tired.This actually happened after I was unable to log into my PC when I mistakenly changed some values in the Windows...
  8. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

9. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  10. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....