Windows 10: App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

Discus and support App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] "World of Tanks" showed up one day. I think I deleted the directory manually. Now it's hanging around making me uncomfortable in Apps &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidicusx, Aug 17, 2019.

1. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall fb79065d-e86e-4a28-840a-8fc777a17686?upload=true.png

"World of Tanks" showed up one day. I think I deleted the directory manually. Now it's hanging around making me uncomfortable in Apps & Features, and who knows where else. When I click Uninstall, I end up with the above error.

How do I kill this thing?

:)

davidicusx, Aug 17, 2019
  2. WacoJohn Win User

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Aug 17, 2019
  4. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

1. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall - Similar Threads - App Apps Features

2. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  3. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  4. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  5. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. App That Won't Open or Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App That Won't Open or Uninstall: I'm trying to use Microsoft Animation Desk. I had previously downloaded it a few months ago, but uninstalled it. Today I tried to install it again, but it said that I already owned the app, and would not let me install. I went to Start and the app was not there but it later...
  7. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list: Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected,...
  8. App won't uninstall

App won't uninstall: I have been having trouble with win 10. (Suprise, Surprise). I found an app that I do not recognize nor install. Dokan Library Bundle. It shows the error " windows installer not available or installed " when I try to uninstall it. Any info about this "new" app would be...
  9. uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10: How do you remove the icon of an uninstalled app that still show in Apps and Features win10. Clicked (offending program) uninstall and shows windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\ss2uninst.exe. So I removed the program manually. Was able to remove all traces of the...
  10. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. APPS and features wont uninstall apps