Windows 10: app in downloads will not uninstall or delete

Discus and support app in downloads will not uninstall or delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My daughter downloaded an app installer for a video game that's not from any place I know or trust. I can't find the app in add/remove or a dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Huckleberry8523, Feb 20, 2020.

1. app in downloads will not uninstall or delete

My daughter downloaded an app installer for a video game that's not from any place I know or trust. I can't find the app in add/remove or a dedicated file for the game so I'm assuming she didn't continue the install. But the installer is still in my download folder and will not let me delete it. Says "action can't complete because of file open in fucesoce setup" How do I delete the install app from download folder?

Also, Is there a way to put downloads to the pc no matter the source under password, so I have to approve the download?

:)

Huckleberry8523, Feb 20, 2020
  2. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

3. Jay Jap Win User
    Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 20, 2020
  4. app in downloads will not uninstall or delete

Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

app in downloads will not uninstall or delete

1. app in downloads will not uninstall or delete - Similar Threads - app downloads uninstall

2. Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files: I tried to uninstall a game called BloodStrike and it's not showing in setting or control panel then check the files and i couldn't find an uninstaller so is it okay to delete the files?...
  3. Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files: I tried to uninstall a game called BloodStrike and it's not showing in setting or control panel then check the files and i couldn't find an uninstaller so is it okay to delete the files?...
  4. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  5. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  6. Unable to delete uninstalled app from AppsFolder

Unable to delete uninstalled app from AppsFolder: Good afternoon. I uninstalled Chromium MS Edge, but now I am unable to delete the shortcut to it from AppsFolder. It sits there colourless, without icon, like a ghost. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 OS Buit: 19042.964 178758
  7. Downloaded FTP app won't uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloaded FTP app won't uninstall: Think I downloaded something fishy. I was looking for an FTP client app and downloaded GlobalScape CuteFTP. Decided I didn't want it and went immediately to Control Panel to uninstall. I've tried uninstalling it several times and nothing happens. Restarted PC and it is still...
  8. uninstall all downloaded apps

uninstall all downloaded apps: I would like to uninstall all apps on my laptop. I Believe I download one that was bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-all-downloaded-apps/b0320e10-6948-4784-aff4-20366db3fad3
  9. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  10. delete / uninstall mail app

in Browsers and Email
    delete / uninstall mail app: Anyone know how to delete the mail app? Uninstall the mail app? NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least there is no option. Uninstall the mail app completely? Getting very annoyed with 10. Lots of issues. Going back to...