Windows 10: App is listed in registry open with list but is not displayed w/rt clk

Discus and support App is listed in registry open with list but is not displayed w/rt clk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Luminar is a photo editing program. It installed with no problems and opens fine when I open it via the start menu but I want it to open via the "open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xwray, Aug 9, 2019.

1. xwray Win User

App is listed in registry open with list but is not displayed w/rt clk

Luminar is a photo editing program. It installed with no problems and opens fine when I open it via the start menu but I want it to open via the "open with" context menu item such that the photo I clicked on is displayed and ready to edit.

I have successfully added the Luminar program to the registry "open with" list for .JPG files. However, when I select "open with" on a JPG file Luminar is not displayed in the list of programs but it IS displayed if I select the "choose another app" option and works properly such that Luminar opens with the selected file.

I have googled 'till I'm blue in the face but none of the returned items address this specific scenario.

Can anyone explain how to fix this problem...I'd appreciate it.

:)

xwray, Aug 9, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Linus Win User
    "Open with" list not custimizable

Thanks again! And sorry again for still not being clear enough.

By "open with list" I mean the menu that pops up when I hover over "open with":

App is listed in registry open with list but is not displayed w/rt clk [​IMG]

I thought that this is what I can modify in the registry entry
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pdf\OpenWithList

What you mean by "open with list" is apparently the list that comes up when you click on "choose another app". There, I see evince.exe as well. But I want it in the menu pop up, such that I am able to open a PDF in evince with two clicks as opposed to four. Also I am wondering how to get rid of e.g. Microsoft Edge in that menu list...

Regarding your suggestion of Foxit: I have used evince to view pdfs while I am working with Latex. I need a viewer that does not lock the file when it is openned but instead reloads it automatically whenever the file is modified. Does Foxit do that?

Linus, Aug 9, 2019
  4. xwray Win User

How can I add a new program to the Open With dialog list

Thanks...I did that but the app does not show up on the list. I checked the registry key and the app is indeed listed there. Is there a limit on how many apps can be displayed in the list?

xwray, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. App is listed in registry open with list but is not displayed w/rt clk - Similar Threads - App listed registry

2. Game not listed in uninstall apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not listed in uninstall apps list: I am trying to free up disk space and uninstall PC games . None of the 2 installed Games are listed in the uninstall app. What can I do ? Is it safe to just delete the file folders ?...
  3. exclusion list of registry items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exclusion list of registry items: I was running the ccleaner registry cleaner, and there was a file that would just not be eliminated. I tried and tried multiple scans and it would not disappear. I highlighted it and saw an option that said "add to exclusion list" . now it doesn't appear in the scan, but is...
  4. apps list

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps list: i removed some apps from my apps directory and would like to get them back. how can i get them back on the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-list/ca69b640-4dd8-4acd-90de-f76968f75aa0
  5. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

Registry Editor Values are not getting listed: Hello, I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference. I have to run my read application in both admin and non admin rights Machines,Kindly help me is there any other way to read...
  6. List displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    List displays: How to stop my laptop from scrolling down lists? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-displays/3c18fd00-4468-4e5b-874c-13e28fa568c0
  7. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? E1: Ok found it, i guess...
  8. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? 135231
  9. W-10 Setting Default app to a program file not listed

W-10 Setting Default app to a program file not listed: I have a different twist on the default app setting. For reasons outside the scope of this question we need to have several versions of the same software. I want to be able to control which version is set as the default on a particular machine. For example if I install a...
  10. "Open with" list not custimizable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" list not custimizable: [img] I am trying to add the PDF viewer Evince to the "open with" list of PDF files. When I select "Choose another app", I can select Evinceand open the PDF and Evince is also added to the regristry:...