Windows 10: App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

Discus and support App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running into an issue where an app on my computer won't open at all. When you go to run the application, it shows up in the task manager as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SvenWhitesell, Sep 7, 2021.

1. App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

I am running into an issue where an app on my computer won't open at all. When you go to run the application, it shows up in the task manager as a background process but not an App which is not how it's supposed to be. I tried multiple clean installs of the software, changing firewall settings/disabling firewall to fully allow access, a windows update, new versions of the app, disabling background applications, a clean boot of windows. So far nothing has helped, I found some posts similar to my issue but not 100% the same. Usually those issues where that the app would open, but not be visible

:)

SvenWhitesell, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Bobber Win User

App Runs as Background Process Instead of as an App

I have successfully installed and run a screen share app on both of my desktops. But, on my laptop, when I open the app, it runs as a background process instead of as an app (as seen in Task Manager). All 3 systems are running Windows 10 Pro. So, to be clear, I WANT THE APP TO NOT RUN AS A BACKGROUND PROCESSS. I need it to run as an app (which is what it's supposed to do) so I can use it. I've talked with the app provider's tech support people, uninstalled (and cleaned it out of the registry) several times..all with no success. Any help is appreciated.

Bobber, Sep 7, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Apps running in background .

Hi Irimescu

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

Background Processes

Hi Bijayan

Windows 10 does have a lot of background process thta need to run, sometimes 70+ versions of svchost wil be running. This does not normally affect the responsiveness of your PC

To stop anything that is safe too stop on your Startup:

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

1. App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager - Similar Threads - App opening background

2. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  3. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  4. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  5. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  6. Apps open as background processes instead of showing on screen WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open as background processes instead of showing on screen WINDOWS 10: HI! So since I bought my new laptop i tried to install some torrent, after a few tries of doing this that didn t work I gave up. Now due to pandemic situation, university forces me to get some apps on my laptop so I got matlab but when I start it after showing some common...
  7. Apps open as background processes instead of showing on screen WINDOWS 10

Apps open as background processes instead of showing on screen WINDOWS 10: HI! So since I bought my new laptop i tried to install some torrent, after a few tries of doing this that didn t work I gave up. Now due to pandemic situation, university forces me to get some apps on my laptop so I got matlab but when I start it after showing some common...
  8. Apps open as background processes instead of showing on screen WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Program Opening Only As Background Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Opening Only As Background Process: I have been having this issue for nearly two years now, but I have only sought to remedy it recently. When I attempt to run certain apps, the cursor shows as "Working in Background", signifying that the app is starting up, yet the app never progresses past being a background...
  10. "Start" background process in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" background process in Task Manager: Can someone tell what is this background process called "Start", it keeps popping up every time I end it... is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-background-process-in-task-manager/1702dbe8-3afe-4be3-a426-5d9ae347d506"