Windows 10: App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!!

Discus and support App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help! I don't know a lot about Windows 10 S! Can only use Apps from the Microsoft store, Messenger was allowed the one through facebook Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoriB12, Feb 13, 2020.

1. LoriB12 Win User

App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!!

I need help! I don't know a lot about Windows 10 S! Can only use Apps from the Microsoft store, Messenger was allowed the one through facebook Was worked since October. While it was being used, it just disappeared from the screen. No where to be found. If you clicked on the App itself nothing happened, no window opened. repair didn't work..reset didn't work. Full uninstall - reinstall didn't work. The same thing happens, when I try to launch the App, nothing happens. It it not being blocked, I checked. I am at a total loss. The Windows store, says I own the App...? I called Acer..they were not much help...I am totally stumped!!

:)

LoriB12, Feb 13, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 13, 2020
  3. pls2337 Win User
    Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, Feb 13, 2020
  4. App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!!

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!!

1. App just Disappeared..No one has an Answer for me!! - Similar Threads - App Disappeared has

2. Why has the maximize button disappeared in one of my apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has the maximize button disappeared in one of my apps?: I'm using an application called Postman. My practice, whenever I want to make an app maximized, is to drag the window to the top of the screen/monitor. That maximizes it, then I go about my business. But importantly, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons always remain...
  3. Why has the maximize button disappeared in one of my apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has the maximize button disappeared in one of my apps?: I'm using an application called Postman. My practice, whenever I want to make an app maximized, is to drag the window to the top of the screen/monitor. That maximizes it, then I go about my business. But importantly, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons always remain...
  4. Simple question but no-one can answer me straight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple question but no-one can answer me straight: Is there a way to save my entire laptop including DATA, FILES, FOLDERS, & APPS to the cloud and then download them all to a new laptop in case of a crash? Now to me that's a simple question.. But, I always seem to get the geeks who want to baffle me with pc language to which...
  5. Simple question but no-one can answer me straight

Simple question but no-one can answer me straight: Is there a way to save my entire laptop including DATA, FILES, FOLDERS, & APPS to the cloud and then download them all to a new laptop in case of a crash? Now to me that's a simple question.. But, I always seem to get the geeks who want to baffle me with pc language to which...
  6. Display Adapter has disappeared for me

Display Adapter has disappeared for me: So my Pc has recently been acting strange. By strange I mean it wont run any of my games really.. Its super laggy and after much research i think its my graphics card or gpu, but I'm not for sure! I cant find my 2060 Nvidia graphics card under display drivers, In fact display...
  7. WHO is Just Answer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHO is Just Answer?: I called the MS phone number shown online 18006427676. They tell me they no longer take calls but to go to a browser link to help.microsoft.comI did and I got a pop up screen for Just Answer. It started a chat and after I filled in my info, it wanted me to pay $5 for an...
  8. WHO is Just Answer?

WHO is Just Answer?: I called the MS phone number shown online 18006427676. They tell me they no longer take calls but to go to a browser link to help.microsoft.comI did and I got a pop up screen for Just Answer. It started a chat and after I filled in my info, it wanted me to pay $5 for an...
  9. My sound has just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound has just disappeared: sound has gone whilst I was watching a utube post ........have checked settings and all seems normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-has-just-disappeared/73059149-9bc4-4855-b7bc-b88d2b75d6bb
  10. Answer me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Answer me: What is the officially iso size of windows 10 1809..?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-me/e7b20212-359a-4e52-830f-0e12876814c9