Windows 10: App keeps screen on

Discus and support App keeps screen on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good evening I have an app that I use to record TV in the background and everytime I use it the screen stays open even when I lock the screen How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by peggy Solomon, Apr 21, 2020.

1. App keeps screen on

Good evening I have an app that I use to record TV in the background and everytime I use it the screen stays open even when I lock the screen How do I make it so the screen goes to sleep?? Not the computer just the screen

:)

peggy Solomon, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App keeps screen on :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
  4. App keeps screen on

Photos apps keeps crashing

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, would like to inform to install any pending updates.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

App keeps screen on

1. App keeps screen on - Similar Threads - App keeps screen

2. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  3. Computer Blue Screens on Startup, then random Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Blue Screens on Startup, then random Apps keep crashing: Hello,My computer recently started having very strange problems. It blue screens on startup, then has to re boot. Everything seems okay except that applications seem to randomly crash with strange error codes. For example google chrome windows will give the "awe snap" error...
  4. Computer Blue Screens on Startup, then random Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Blue Screens on Startup, then random Apps keep crashing: Hello,My computer recently started having very strange problems. It blue screens on startup, then has to re boot. Everything seems okay except that applications seem to randomly crash with strange error codes. For example google chrome windows will give the "awe snap" error...
  5. Computer Blue Screens on Startup, then random Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, 64-bit, and my screen saver is set for 60 minutes. Any app that I have open, whether it's open in full screen or half screen, will collapse to about one-quarter of the screen size if my PC is idle for more than about 15 minutes;...
  7. Apps keep closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps keep closing.: Hello, When ever I try to open an app and its not on full screen it closed automatically. Like in every 10 second it close. I need help, Thank you for helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-closing/dd17706f-58b7-45d0-be7f-4f579b824453
  8. Apps keep crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps keep crashing: This has been an issue for many months now. All of a sudden, apps crashed despite still having ram to use (for example, yesterday i had 4 chrome tabs open, along with spotify and discord, and chrome and discord just refused to work at the same time). The screen flashed black...
  9. Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.

Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.: My PC keeps transparent marks of running or closed apps for a while. It even keeps the marks in the time of shatdown. I reinstall my window 10 but still facing the same problem. Is a problem of OS or hardware. What should I do to avoid this priblem....
  10. apps keeps closing

apps keeps closing: hello pls i didnt know what went wrong i just discovered that i couldnt open my start menu, my music application, my microsoft store, and some others like that pls i dont know what to do pls help me...