Windows 10: App language issues

Discus and support App language issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Several of my apps are using German language but I want them all to be English. Most of them are. Have tried to adjust language in settings without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DirkS-111, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DirkS-111 Win User

App language issues

Several of my apps are using German language but I want them all to be English. Most of them are. Have tried to adjust language in settings without luck. Current apps affected are OneNote and Photos.

:)

DirkS-111, Feb 6, 2019

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 6, 2019
  3. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 6, 2019
  4. App language issues

App language changed after November10 windows 10 update

Hi Balaram,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Has the change reflected only on apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooterand check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

App language issues

1. App language issues - Similar Threads - App language issues

2. Language issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language issue: Hi, i iinstalled windows 11 in my language turkish, then i just changed the language in settings from turkish to english, but somehow slmethings seems to not go in way as same as turkish one, somethings still show up in turkish like when i restarting the pc restarting writing...
  3. Issues with Language App on Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Language App on Microsoft 10: Can you assist? The language app for Microsoft 10 on my laptop has gone from English to Spanish. I have attempted to change back to the default English app but am unable to. Can you assist? Steps to restore provided through support for Microsoft 10 isn't working.Thank you...
  4. Issues with Language App on Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Language App on Microsoft 10: Can you assist? The language app for Microsoft 10 on my laptop has gone from English to Spanish. I have attempted to change back to the default English app but am unable to. Can you assist? Steps to restore provided through support for Microsoft 10 isn't working.Thank you...
  5. language issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    language issue: I want to make English international the main language. But I see that other languages are added without my desire. I tried to delete them but they show up again in the language bar...
  6. Bug on Dolby Access app (Language issue)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug on Dolby Access app (Language issue): Hi, there is a strange bug in the latest version of the Dolby Access application. Version 3.2.169.0 When I install a Language Pack from the Windows 10 settings, The Dolby Access app automatically changes to the language of the installed language pack, and does not remain in...
  7. Language issue

Language issue: I actually downlaoded windows 10 1909 and made a in place upgrade but found that it was having Spanish When i i tried to change the language my settings page language doesn't change Please help me...
  8. Language Issue

Language Issue: Hello! So, I changed my language/region settings from English to Japanese in order to use a computer program called UTAU, and although some of my settings are fine, I can't seem to change apps such as Word or the app store back to English from Japanese. I've changed my...
  9. Language Issue

Language Issue: Hello. I have a problem concerning the display language of Windows 10. When I first bought my laptop in 2016, it was set up to the French (France) language by default, but I changed it to English (United States) and everything was fine till the Windows 10 October 2018...
  10. language issue

in Windows 10 Support
    language issue: Please guys does anyone have any solution for this [img] in the right side give me 3 languages the 3rd one is english united states and i don't installed it its shown automatically in the left side in settings its not shown and i can't remove it i must restart or...