Windows 10: App launch location when using multiple monitors

Discus and support App launch location when using multiple monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I use multiple monitors while at work (As I assume most people do now). One quirk I have seen on Windows 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meeseeks, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Meeseeks Win User

App launch location when using multiple monitors

Hey Everyone,

I use multiple monitors while at work (As I assume most people do now). One quirk I have seen on Windows 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 is how the start menu launches applications. Now that Windows has start menu access on all monitors is there a way to force the apps to launch on the monitor they are being launched from? For example, I use the start menu on Monitor 3 I would expect the app to launch on Monitor 3 not Monitor 1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Meeseeks, Oct 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 PC - Applications do not open on the monitor I click their shortcuts on.

• Extended
    • One of the Acer UHD 28" monitors, however the problem persists when I change the primary monitor to my laptop or the other UHD monitor.
    • When I started using multiple monitors on Windows 10.
    • Yes, when I only had one monitor, the app would open on the same monitor the start button was on that was used to open the app. After I added two additional monitors, apps would open in monitors other than the one in which the start button was used to open
      them.

John_Mihalko, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Pinned Icons move to the end when opened...instead of just showing the underline when they are open.

I think it is not so much a problem with multiple monitors but with programs that launch other programs.

I have the problem with all my PortableApps.com apps; all apps in PortableApps.com are started by launchers to make them portable.

So when I pin the laucher to the taskbar, it will start the app, and this app will be shown as a different program with its own icon.

I would call this a bug in Windows 10, because this worked quite well in Windows 8.

ReinholdNagel, Oct 14, 2015
  4. App launch location when using multiple monitors

Mine remember what monitor they were last launched on. I can launch an App or Program, move it to the monitor I want it on and close it. Then after it launches on that monitor. In Windows 10 anyway. I think the first time you launch they open on what ever monitor is set as Main.

alphanumeric, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

App launch location when using multiple monitors

1. App launch location when using multiple monitors - Similar Threads - App launch location

2. Multiple apps not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps not launching: Steam was failing to launch multiple games. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps I can find. Re-installing the games, restoring an old version of windows, turned anti virus off, restarted PC multiple times, full virus and malware scan, finally I uninstalled steam...
  3. Multiple apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple apps not launching: Steam was failing to launch multiple games. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps I can find. Re-installing the games, restoring an old version of windows, turned anti virus off, restarted PC multiple times, full virus and malware scan, finally I uninstalled steam...
  4. Using Multiple Monitors

Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  5. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  6. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  7. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  8. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

9. Use of Multiple monitor

Use of Multiple monitor: Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-multiple-monitor/67b0de2a-e552-4b5c-b375-f076aeb20415
  10. Multiple monitors, multiple locations

Multiple monitors, multiple locations: My almost new HP Windows 10 laptop has two monitors, the one that came with it and another larger LG attached with an HDMI cable. The PC locks when I step away from it because it's keyed to the Bluetooth on my phone plus I use my fingerprint to log in, usually. When I return...