Windows 10: App launchers crashing

Discus and support App launchers crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , Since a few weeks back i've had a problem with discord crashing and restarting all the time without any reason, so I reached out to discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackPieper, Jan 13, 2021.

1. App launchers crashing

Hello ,

Since a few weeks back i've had a problem with discord crashing and restarting all the time without any reason, so I reached out to discord support for help. But before we got to a solution other apps started crashing as well, launchers specifically steam, battle.net, riotgames etc. When i'm actually ingame with the program running in the background it was usually fine but without it would just restart at random, restarting more regularly when typing, in a call or watching someone's stream. So a few days ago it got a lot worse to the point where I could barely use the apps so I tried looking for solutions to no avail. I decided to reset my pc to the factory settings, but when I redownloaded them, the problem still occurred. I've reset my pc three times now and run all sorts of scans that were suggested online but no problems were ever found. So now when I try to open for example discord, it will start but quickly crash and even crash again before having finished restarting.

Also two standard programs that wouldn't work were armoury crate, wich wouldn't display any info about my pc, what it's supposed to do, and geforce experience, with wich I tried updating my drivers, would crash at startup and it'd tell me to close and reopen it every time. Also when I downloaded a different version online and tried updating my drivers it just said that it couldn't finish the installation and cancelled for some reason.

I have no idea if this problem is software or hardware related and I'm really lost in what to do. Anyone who has run into this problem before or knows how to fix this?

:)

JackPieper, Jan 13, 2021

2. Microsoft launcher

Hi AustinNeely\,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. May we ask if what troubleshooting you have tried? We highly suggest you to try the steps below.

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Kind Regards,

Rom G.

Romualdo_G, Jan 13, 2021
  3. ddls Win User
    Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and typing out the name of what I want until it appears in the launcher. Now, my start menu looks fine when I first hit the windows key or click the windows logo to bring it up. However, this is what I get when I begin to type the name of an application:

App launchers crashing [​IMG]

Googling variations of the title I used in this post was not fruitful - I found nobody who had a similar problem so far. Restarting the computer does not fix the issue. Any tips on the appropriate steps to diagnose or fix this are much appreciated.

4. peach1971 Win User

App launchers crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

App launchers crashing

1. App launchers crashing - Similar Threads - App launchers crashing

2. Epic Games Launcher Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher Crash: I'm currently having a problem where my Epic Games Launcher is crashing every time I try to open it, I reinstalled the program to no avail, I contacted Epic Support, and they said the issue is a Windows based problem, so here I am.I have posted an image below of my error...
  3. Epic Games Launcher Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epic Games Launcher Crash: I'm currently having a problem where my Epic Games Launcher is crashing every time I try to open it, I reinstalled the program to no avail, I contacted Epic Support, and they said the issue is a Windows based problem, so here I am.I have posted an image below of my error...
  4. Minecraft launcher crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher crash: My Minecraft launcher crash without any error when I'm login with Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-launcher-crash/e90473e6-bca1-4a8d-b522-e27597ce446e
  5. Minecraft launcher crash

Minecraft launcher crash: My Minecraft launcher crash without any error when I'm login with Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-launcher-crash/e90473e6-bca1-4a8d-b522-e27597ce446e
  6. Apps/launchers glitching/flickering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/launchers glitching/flickering?: I tried factory resetting my pc completely remove what could be a file that just needed to be removed but it didnt work. Apps and launchers still glitch like this? I’ve looked everywhere to try and solve this? I cant tell if its a hardware issue but the screen as a whole...
  7. Seeking a launcher for "portable" apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking a launcher for "portable" apps: I use several apps that do not come with an installer, but rather are available either as a single downloadable EXE or a ZIP file. Is there a customizable launcher I can put on my desktop that behaves something like a drop down menu with links to whichever files I want to...
  8. launcher incompatible/ App Hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    launcher incompatible/ App Hang: An app that I need for work crashes as soon as I try to test my camera or start the first action needed. The report says " App Hang" I tested compatibility with older versions and it says launcher incompatible. What's weird is it was working fine before the new year began....
  9. Windows launcher app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows launcher app: I loaded windows launcher, but how do I get my photos from phone to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-launcher-app/cb5eda36-abf6-42ae-8be2-48dbd75487eb"
  10. Apps Launcher / Games Launcher - Exist somethigs similar.......

Apps Launcher / Games Launcher - Exist somethigs similar.......: On My Windows 10 i have a lot of games installed......... usually this create a desktop link when install. For tryed to maintain clean my desktop i have created a Folder on that called "Games" and usually i put all links inside it but there's a litlle problems: When i need...