Windows 10: app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded

Discus and support app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As admin, when installing a link to an app in my desktop a matching link is created in another account Removal of the 2nd link also deletes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thumper_3883, Oct 25, 2020.

1. app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded

As admin, when installing a link to an app in my desktop a matching link is created in another account

Removal of the 2nd link also deletes the original from my desktop

Not: All 2ndary link activities are occurring uncommanded

:)

Thumper_3883, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown app links  replicated  in another account windows 10 uncommanded :(

Zakin, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded

1. app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded - Similar Threads - app links replicated

2. magically replicated drive contents to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    magically replicated drive contents to another drive: Why and how are contents of my d: drive being replicated on my E: drive. The contents are stored inside a folder with date format, year-month-day. Thanks...
  3. magically replicated drive contents to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    magically replicated drive contents to another drive: Why and how are contents of my d: drive being replicated on my E: drive. The contents are stored inside a folder with date format, year-month-day. Thanks...
  4. magically replicated drive contents to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts: Hi, all.I have recently encountered an issue with Windows 10 Enterprise. It may be hard to explain, so I'll give it my best shot.When putting a computer into my domain, I'm seeing that the domain accounts do not replicate information or data that was put into the...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?: My sister gave me her old Asus Laptop because she brought a new one, but after i formatted it and installed the same version of windows it says to link the correct microsoft account to activate the Windows. But i don't want to use my sisters account. Can i transfer the...
  7. Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account.: Hi, I have been battling with Windows 10 Mail app having upgraded my computer and having to start again with my email as I was unable to port across my previous system settings. I am using an imap account and anything I amend via my webmail account with my internet provider...
  8. Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account

Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account: Hello, I have a Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. However, I have used this email for secondary purposes, including for creating accounts for websites that I don't even use or remember. Basically as a scrap email. And I don't want to use this scrap email...
  9. computer linked to another that i don't want linked. change account???

computer linked to another that i don't want linked. change account???: i just set up my new home computer and i used my live.com account and it has linked to my work computer. Please help. How do i change this. I do not want my employees to see what i do at home !...
  10. Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc: i am currently using a laptop that came with windows 8 and i got a free windows 10 upgrade some time ago and now i am building a new pc and was wondering since the licence key is linked to microsoft account can i just sign into my microsoft account on the new pc and the...