Windows 10: App missing in "Windows Search"

Discus and support App missing in "Windows Search" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a VM running Windows Server 1607, which I am using at work. On the VM, I have installed my usual bunch of develope applications, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gonnagle, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Gonnagle Win User

App missing in "Windows Search"

Hi,

I've got a VM running Windows Server 1607, which I am using at work. On the VM, I have installed my usual bunch of develope applications, like 7-Zip, Keepass, SoapUI, Postman, and so on. All of them are visible in the start menu, as they should.

However, at least some of them aren't available in Windows search. For example, if I press the Windows key, and enter "po", then I am offered Powershell, but not "Postman".

Any ideas, what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Jochen

:)

Gonnagle, Apr 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 22, 2020
  4. App missing in "Windows Search"

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

App missing in "Windows Search"

1. App missing in "Windows Search" - Similar Threads - App missing Search

2. App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search: I'm having a problem where some of the windows app icons aren't showing up when searching for them via the Cortana bar.https://imgur.com/a/OU3duEb - example of some apps that have no icon/bugged while one of them isn't. how can I fix it? Thanks...
  3. App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search: I'm having a problem where some of the windows app icons aren't showing up when searching for them via the Cortana bar.https://imgur.com/a/OU3duEb - example of some apps that have no icon/bugged while one of them isn't. how can I fix it? Thanks...
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  5. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  6. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar: Hello, I've been having this problem for 2 months where the app icons of certain applications duch as those from MS Store are missing in the search bar, however apps that I installed seperately load up correctly, I found a question similar to this but the answer didn't help...
  8. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  9. Microsoft apps missing in search bar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft apps missing in search bar.: Hello, Since some time all Microsoft apps icons such as Microsoft Store, settings, photos and more are missing. [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix it? It's really annoying me, I have no clue how to fix it. Thanks...
  10. App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH] Hello, App icons are not showing on my Windows 10 search. I tried to deleting icon cache, changing the screen scale but none of them worked. I've done a clean install of Windows 10 but after few days Icons on my Windows search are broke again. How can I solve...