Windows 10: App missing in "Windows Search"

Discus and support App missing in "Windows Search" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a VM running Windows Server 1607, which I am using at work. On the VM, I have installed my usual bunch of develope applications, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gonnagle, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Gonnagle Win User

App missing in "Windows Search"

Hi,

I've got a VM running Windows Server 1607, which I am using at work. On the VM, I have installed my usual bunch of develope applications, like 7-Zip, Keepass, SoapUI, Postman, and so on. All of them are visible in the start menu, as they should.

However, at least some of them aren't available in Windows search. For example, if I press the Windows key, and enter "po", then I am offered Powershell, but not "Postman".

Any ideas, what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Jochen

:)

Gonnagle, Apr 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 22, 2020
  4. App missing in "Windows Search"

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

App missing in "Windows Search"

1. App missing in "Windows Search" - Similar Threads - App missing Search

2. Windows search missing results

in Cortana
    Windows search missing results: Hello, I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not. I have already done the following. 1 Cleared and...
  3. windows search service missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search service missing: So i wanted to search a file with file explorer but apparently search indexing was turned off, so i went ahead and tried to turn it on, guess what i couldn't, "modify" is greyed out and rebuild in the advanced tab does absolutely nothing. i looked it up and it seemed to have...
  4. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....
  5. Windows search not working windows search service is missing

in Cortana
    Windows search not working windows search service is missing: My windows search doesn't seem to be working. When I open start menu and start typing something to search, like calculator, or powerpoint, the results don't show. I've disabled the cloud feature but I think the local results should still be displayed. I tried rebuilding the...
  6. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

in Cortana
    MS Store apps icons are missing in search results: I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-missing-in-start-menu-search-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d To reproduce it I Open Start menu Type an app name (UWP app only) Look at the search results...
  7. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  8. search window missing

in Cortana
    search window missing: windows 10 Cannot locate search window, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-missing/8cdc1610-c7e7-4046-b074-5eb178b456b5"
  9. Search bar is missing in Calendar App, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar is missing in Calendar App, Windows 10: Hello! Do we have any options to enable the search bar in Windows 10 Calendar app? I tried looking for it in app settings but to no avail I haven't found it. My other account has the search bar and the other doesn't. Attached is a screenshot for comparison. Any inputs will be...
  10. "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.

in Windows 10 Support
    "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.: Code: Windows 10 Anniversary[/quote] When i search, my PC looks like this: [img] It used to look like this: [img] I used to be able to turn Cortana off and then back on, and "My Stuff" would return, but that's not working anymore I have no idea why...