Windows 10: App move feature

Discus and support App move feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What's the detail with this App "Move" feature I've found? I went through the Man info, went to the Apps I've installed in settings, and found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr. VinnyGoombatz, Jan 8, 2021.

1. App move feature

What's the detail with this App "Move" feature I've found? I went through the Man info, went to the Apps I've installed in settings, and found that there was a "Modify" option, no "Move", for all the Apps I've installed and where I did find a "Move" option, ex. Cortana, the "Move" option was grey. The only place I found the "Move" option available was for an iHeart radio App. and it was in the desired location already.

Is this feature only available for the MS sanctioned Apps? that is, must I remove all my " " third party Apps and reinstall to a different folder if I want to change the location? I appreciate the Feature but the Windows Folk do a really poor job of explaining. That is I've found that they will give you information as if it was globally available, that is, lots of "you cans" and no "you Can'ts" with whatever process you're trying to learn about. Hello, I don't want to be a PowerShell expert, I only want to learn the button presses to do a Job.

:)

Dr. VinnyGoombatz, Jan 8, 2021

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 8, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done App move feature :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

App move feature

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App move feature :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

App move feature

1. App move feature - Similar Threads - App move feature

2. Apps and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and features: ##ASAP - I can not download any apps from the 3rd party and I currently not in S mode. Can you help me asap because I need to take an exam right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-features/7dfd3da7-9dca-4382-9da9-d980c880231f
  3. Apps and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and features: ##ASAP - I can not download any apps from the 3rd party and I currently not in S mode. Can you help me asap because I need to take an exam right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-features/7dfd3da7-9dca-4382-9da9-d980c880231f
  4. Apps & features

Apps & features: At my Google search I find website that i wanted to put on my desktop and later viewing. Lately that same link, so to speak, I can find in App & features. I never had this issue before. The only thing now that I know I have to go and clean this folder. However, when I do...
  5. Apps & features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps & features: At my Google search I find website that i wanted to put on my desktop and later viewing. Lately that same link, so to speak, I can find in App & features. I never had this issue before. The only thing now that I know I have to go and clean this folder. However, when I do...
  6. How to move applications from apps & features to another storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move applications from apps & features to another storage?: Well,i know there is a button "move" but didnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-applications-from-apps-features-to/46c537d4-4cdb-47c7-b43c-6cdeb90b1d93
  7. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  8. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  9. The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification)...
  10. apps and features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps and features: I want to assemble a list apps resembling the google list I would like to how after selecting an app, installing and saving it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-features/93cdb775-6a25-4212-959e-82c3c1c119a9"