Windows 10: App need Elevation

Discus and support App need Elevation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When ever I open this app it says "The requested operation requires elevation" also "Details : CreateProcess" please help me if theres any solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArelleSuarez, Oct 17, 2019.

1. App need Elevation

When ever I open this app it says "The requested operation requires elevation" also "Details : CreateProcess" please help me if theres any solution to this, thank you.

:)

ArelleSuarez, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App need Elevation :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail App can't type in body

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run App troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select ‘Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: I suggest you to follow below steps to run the power shell command for mail app issues.

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing
      “Ctrl+Shift+Enter”.
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 17, 2019
  4. App need Elevation

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

App need Elevation

1. App need Elevation - Similar Threads - App need Elevation

2. Startup Program Needs Elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Program Needs Elevation: Just purchased new pc with win10 pro build - finished complete updating. I have a backup utility called Syncback Pro that I use for backup, which works fine. I have set it up to backup my Documents, Downloads and Desktop folders as a test - all the normal methods of launching...
  3. Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation: Recently Trusted Installer decided it wanted to take ownership of all my program files, Program Data, and the Users folders across 2 of my internal drives and got real draconic with permissions. Also some permissions entries were corrupted. Like it made it so my own account...
  4. I am the administrator but request still need elevation

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am the administrator but request still need elevation: I'm trying to download a file but it requires elevated access. I already checked that my account has fully permission and when I try to change any permissions I get the same error that I need elevated access. I've already tries access administrator account but I just get a...
  5. Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?: As a user on my computer, I find it really annoying to have to ask the admin for the password every time I open torguard. I tried setting it as an elevated program (properties-advanced-run as administrator) but it still asks for the password. How do I fix this? submitted by...
  6. required operation needs elevation

in Windows 10 Customization
    required operation needs elevation: windows 10 this operation needs elevation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-operation-needs-elevation/b7757ca1-00f6-47bf-8db0-b35d743ab870
  7. Elevated Privilege

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Elevated Privilege: All-- It there a way to permanenly mark an executable (EXE, DLL, BAT, etc) to always run witth elevated privileges? My nightly file cleanup BAT launches BCDEdit (to reboot in Safe Mode) which requires elevated status. Thanks in advance for any help/direction, Randy Reist,...
  8. Elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elevated permissions: I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it...
  9. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...
  10. Network drive not showing in elevated apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive not showing in elevated apps: Hi everybody, I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs. The problem I step into is this: I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open: - Command prompt window:...