Windows 10: App not recognized on D drive after using a restore point

Discus and support App not recognized on D drive after using a restore point in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I restored my pc to an earlier point using the restore program in Windows. I had installed Forza 4 on my D drive and it was working fine. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PR_1969, Jan 5, 2021.

1. PR_1969 Win User

App not recognized on D drive after using a restore point

I restored my pc to an earlier point using the restore program in Windows. I had installed Forza 4 on my D drive and it was working fine. After the restore point, it wants me to download the entire game but it is still in my D drive. It doesn't recognize it after the restore point. Is there a simple way to let Windows access the files instead or redownloading them? I have avery slow connection & it would take about 2-3 days to re-download.

Thank you

:)

PR_1969, Jan 5, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Bross76 Win User
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Jan 5, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CApp not recognized on D drive after using a restore point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CApp not recognized on D drive after using a restore point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. App not recognized on D drive after using a restore point - Similar Threads - App recognized drive

2. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?: Hello i would like to ask if i should add a system restore point on my d drive, it has my user folders in it because i transferred the user folders from my c drive to my d drive since my d drive has more space. Should I add a system restore point here? And when i do restore,...
  3. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?: Hello i would like to ask if i should add a system restore point on my d drive, it has my user folders in it because i transferred the user folders from my c drive to my d drive since my d drive has more space. Should I add a system restore point here? And when i do restore,...
  4. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD After Using A Restore Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Using A Restore Point: So I have a ASUS X550IK, I bought it 1.5 year ago and I haven't cleaned it since. Today, I used a restore point and after it was done, it restarted and boot me into a select account section but it doesn't show my account even though my account is signed in as administrator....
  6. Restore Point with External Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point with External Drives: Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC, will the restore point not be deleted from my external drive? Please leave your answers down below. I will appreciate them....
  7. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  8. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  9. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  10. USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor: My OS: Windows 10 Home I believe that it all started with the installment of a possibly dodgy security suite "Akick". I had just done a fresh windows install a few days before it running only the built in Microsoft Security before it. I felt something was not right about...