Windows 10: App notifications locking task bar

Discus and support App notifications locking task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set up my windows task bar to hide unless I hover close to it to clear up screen space, and it currently shows on the right side of my screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Questions001, Jul 5, 2020.

1. App notifications locking task bar

I have set up my windows task bar to hide unless I hover close to it to clear up screen space, and it currently shows on the right side of my screen.

Some apps I have constantly on, like whatsapp desktop. The problem is that anytime anyone sends me a message, the task bar gets locked on the side of my screen until I check the app. I don't want to have to open the app each time someone sends a message/an app has a notification to be able to use the side of my screen.

Is there a way for notifications to still show have the icon turn orange but not lock-on the taskbar?

:)

Questions001, Jul 5, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Task / notifications bar not working

Hi Sharon,

Check the steps provided in this thread to know how to fix your Task/Notification Bar issue: Task Bar Not Working Properly

Nadia_Cullen, Jul 5, 2020
  4. App notifications locking task bar

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

App notifications locking task bar

1. App notifications locking task bar - Similar Threads - App notifications locking

2. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  3. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  4. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  5. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  7. Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.: Microsoft, if you read these, please allow the 'Disappearing Taskbar' behavior to continue working when receiving an orange app notification. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these and the task bar switches to 'Locked Taskbar' functionality every time you receive a...
  8. Disable notifications from locking the task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable notifications from locking the task bar?: If you receive a notification, the task bar no longer automatically hides. Can I still receive notifications and have the task bar continue to hide, checking them when I'm ready, or is this a one or the other scenario? submitted by /u/CHIPPENDALESIXNINE [link] [comments]...
  9. Notifications/task bar

Notifications/task bar: So I have a dual monitor setup and my main monitor is what I use to game but my notifications always pop up and I have moved the task bar with the notifications to my secondary monitor but after a few minutes the notifications will start appearing on my main monitor again....
  10. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e